PDA

View Full Version : Water line

Ray Beaty
05-08-2014, 4:17 PM
Hi All,
I need to cut the water line from the chiller to laser tube and wondering if I splice it back with a copper hose mender will it restrict water flow thru the tube?

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Allen Rawley
05-09-2014, 12:05 AM
You could measure it. Fill the chiller and put a bucket in front of the copper hose insert and fill the bucket for a specified number of seconds. Then, remove the insert and perform the same test.

Also, you may want to ask the question--does it matter? If the flow is slightly restricted, will the laser receive adequate cooling? In my experience, the commonly sold CW3000 chiller with 80 watt glass tube is near its limits. In colder climates it does fine. For my customers in hot climates it is not enough. However, if you have a 60 watt laser tube and this chiller, then it is oversized.

Rich Harman
05-09-2014, 1:09 AM
Hi All,
I need to cut the water line from the chiller to laser tube and wondering if I splice it back with a copper hose mender will it restrict water flow thru the tube?

Thanks in advance,
Ray

Compare the inside diameter of the mender with the inside diameter of the fittings on your machine. If the mender is the same or bigger I wouldn't worry about it. If it is smaller then it could present a problem.

George M. Perzel
05-09-2014, 6:23 AM
Ray;
No
Best Regards,
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts