PDA

View Full Version : Eye protection

Ralph Lindberg
05-05-2014, 9:59 PM
OK, so most of the time I'm a nut on that sorta thing.
Today I was turning some Rosewood and Lignum Vitea
So I wore both my proscription eye-glasses and my full-face Trend Airshield. That should protect both my eyes and my lungs.
Afterwards I came in for dinner, only since I was yuky from going to the gym and working in the shop I went and took a shower...
...and promptly washed a chip out of my hair and into my eye :(

Fortunately the DW fished the chip out.

Stan Smith
05-05-2014, 10:40 PM
As Forrest Gump said, "It happens."

Roger Chandler
05-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Glad you got the chip out of your eye! I always try to take an air hose and close my eyes and blow my hair and shirt off, then with my eyes open and the air nossle pointed away from my eyes, I blow off the lower half of my body........before I leave the shop. It helps some about keeping wood chips out of the house, although sometimes they still get tracked in............then my wife hands me the vacuum hose! :eek::D

Just a tip to try to help you in the future.........surprised a chip got underneath your Airshield helment..........did you have it on the entire time?

Ralph Lindberg
05-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Roger, the Trend Airstream has no helmet

Bill Boehme
05-06-2014, 1:03 PM
.........surprised a chip got underneath your Airshield helment..........did you have it on the entire time?

As Ralph said, the Trend Airshield doesn't have a helmet, .... but the 3M Airstream does. Needless to say, the real problem is that you have hair on your head. :D

Reed Gray
05-06-2014, 1:05 PM
I almost always wear a hat in the shop, one of the welder type. It keeps most of the shavings out of what little hair I have left. Doesn't keep it out of my beard or ears though. Those shavings get every where.

robo hippy

Harry Robinette
05-06-2014, 8:59 PM
The man who was my mentor for turning(past away now) I swear if he got near a lathe the man got wood chips in his drawers.All the guy's that turned with us use to laugh at him.

Ralph Lindberg
05-07-2014, 11:13 AM
The Trend Pro has (sorta) a helmet

Steve Peterson
05-07-2014, 11:58 AM
I guess we should all start wearing safety goggles in the shower.

Steve