PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Brushed Aluminum

Todd Koopman
05-05-2014, 6:08 PM
I have a project to add plaques to a traveling trophy. I have the Alumamark Satin Silver from Laserbits, but it's more of a gray color. I'm trying to match the existing as close as posible and I guess I would call it a "Brushed Aluminum".
Could anyone give me some directions where to find a sheet of this ?

Jerome Stanek
05-05-2014, 6:39 PM
Komalu or dibond maybe

Ross Moshinsky
05-05-2014, 6:53 PM
There is no brushed laser aluminum that I know of.

You can either use brushed silver plastic, Cermark stainless/aluminum, or outsource the work to someone with a sublimation setup or a mechanical engraver.

Jerome Stanek
05-05-2014, 7:16 PM
take a look at rowmark metalgraph plus

Mike Null
05-06-2014, 7:21 AM
take a look at the JDS catalog.

Steve Morris
05-06-2014, 9:09 AM
IPI LaserTUFF or the Metalgraph (almost identical to the eye)

Todd Koopman
05-06-2014, 10:08 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check them out. Maybe I should have called it "Brushed Silver", but most likely its on aluminum.

Doing this as a side business and it's slowy picking up this past year. I get some odd request, but fun to take on a chalange and to make them happy.

Thanks again..... Todd

I have a project to add plaques to a traveling trophy. I have the Alumamark Satin Silver from Laserbits, but it's more of a gray color. I'm trying to match the existing as close as posible and I guess I would call it a "Brushed Aluminum".
Could anyone give me some directions where to find a sheet of this ?

Jerome Stanek
05-06-2014, 10:21 AM
You can call rowmark and get a sample to try

Ross Moshinsky
05-06-2014, 10:30 AM
If you can't get the right material, replace all the plates. You aren't doing the customer any favors by using a mismatched materials.

Mike Null
05-06-2014, 11:33 AM
Ross is right. There's a good chance that what you're tying to copy was engraved on a diamond drag machine and you never will match it.