PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
05-05-2014, 8:07 AM
5 May 2014

Good Morning Everyone,
This past weekend I was able to get all of the brick that we took off the house cleaned off, stacked, and ready for reuse on the addition of our house. The MIL is mostly all packed and we will move her when she gets everything scheduled. Her house is sold and they closed on that already. Today I get to meet with my general builder and I will tell him what parts I'm going to do and I'll find out what parts he's going to do. I just want to get this show on the road and see some real progress for once. :)

Well, gotta run and get ready for my builder. What did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Mike Ontko
05-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Nothing wood-worthy to report. Just weeds, weeds, weeds...digging 'em up and tossing 'em in the green bin (and several green bags). The previous owners of our house/yard must've contracted with the local agricultural extension office, allowing the yard to be used as a test base for invasive species research.

On a slightly more productive note, I did manage to install an aftermarket telescoping antenna in my daughter's 1990 Acura Integra, getting it ready to possibly put on the resale market. Any interested buyers out there? ;)

Jak Kelly
05-05-2014, 10:47 AM
My mother came up for a visit, so I really did not do much. I did show off my new lathe to her, she liked it, was even able to set her up and let my 69 yr old momma make some shavings!!!! She liked it, but probably won't become a turner. Also got a free meal at a good Mexican restaurant Saturday night, had a couple Dos Equis on tap. That is some good beer when it is from the tap.
I did make one cork, bought some wood for some upcoming projects to.

John Conklin
05-05-2014, 11:07 AM
Not much true woodworking accomplished, some around the house chores, but I did sell my 2001 Dewalt DW733 planer on Craigslist, in less than 24 hours, and for $30 more than I figured I'd get. So I'm chalking it up is a successful weekend!

Dennis Nagle
05-05-2014, 11:22 AM
My wife and I spent the last 10 days in New Mexico with two of our daughters and a couple days in the mountains of Colorado with friends. THis weekend we travled home. However, I got 5 commisions from a jewlary store in Santa Fe. all big wooden HFs.

Shawn Pixley
05-05-2014, 11:30 AM
Friday and Saturday, I had severe pain that limited me from doing much. Sunday, I woke up feeling much better, so I was able to make a miter spline jig. I also was able to cut apart the various sections from my large cut-off box project. It still needs some hand tuning and clean-up but that will need to wait for another day. Back to the pain clinic today.

Bill McNiel
05-05-2014, 12:34 PM
Weekends start with golf Friday afternoon followed by wine sharing and live music.

Saturday I put yet another coat of Waterlox Gloss on the drawer faces on the "Boat Desk" desk that must be delivered next Sat. Then worked on Dutchman templates for a live edge dining table (yes Shawn, I am back to work on it). A couple of hours went into design review and tweaking for a custom home in the neighborhood.

Sunday another coat of Waterlox and then the annual "May the Fourth be with you" Star Wars celebration/marathon. This year followed the cronological order versus release order, one year we simply drew titles out of a hat. Limited ourselves (LOML and I) to a single bottle of wine per episode. Made it into Empire Strikes Back before succumbing to atmospheric conditions in the den. Decided to start earlier and do reverse order next year, pretty much view the whole series as a flashback of the future.

Today is a recovery day.

Russ Marcum
05-05-2014, 1:40 PM
Besides the fact that I had to work both days, I got pretty lucky with a woodworking score.

My dad has a woodworking buddy who happened to want to get rid of a few things.

He gave me:

A brand new Porter Cable Scroll saw. - Told me that he had used it once and didnt like it. Sat in his shop collecting dust.

15 Cabinet Doors - Will be good for some signs for the old lady

Detail sander and a finish nailer

Didnt ask a dime and gave me around $400 in total.

Gonna stop by and get him a gift card

Mike Wilkins
05-05-2014, 1:58 PM
Nothing wood related, unless you consider getting sand between my toes in a relaxing weekend as woodworking. Spent the last 3 days with the Mrs. and 2 lovely daughters in Myrtle Beach just getting away from it all and eating way too much food. Looking forward to the next trip.

Matt Krusen
05-05-2014, 3:15 PM
Had to finish up some experiments so I was in the lab for a bit over the weekend. Once I got home I was able to get all of the OSB up on the ceiling for my new shop. Electrical work is almost done too. 220V installation and walls go up this coming weekend. Its slowly coming together!