PDA

View Full Version : Shenhui 130 90 Water 1 problem

Vahidin Goga
05-05-2014, 7:56 AM
I just got our Shenhui 13090 laser, and we have Water1 error... I searched the forum and saw one member had the same problem, but i did not find any useful tips there, so i am looking for an answer...

We installed the machine, connected everything correctly, installed the software, chiller CW5000, but after i tryed to hit laser beam i saw this error 'Water1'. I checked the valve, and it is ok, i have water flow, and chiller is not sounding the alarm.

We also bought Shenhui 50 70 and we have same problem here too...

Any advice what to do? I asked Shenhui a question about my problem but still waiting for a reply.

I would really appriciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

George M. Perzel
05-05-2014, 8:14 AM
Vahidin;
Two possibilities come to mind:
1. Defective flow switch
2. Run a ground wire from screw on water flow valve to ground-sounds weird but worked for me after advice from Shenhui.
Good Luck
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Vahidin Goga
05-05-2014, 8:45 AM
Vahidin;
Two possibilities come to mind:
1. Defective flow switch
2. Run a ground wire from screw on water flow valve to ground-sounds weird but worked for me after advice from Shenhui.
Good Luck
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Thank you George, i will try to ground it, even it makes absolutely no sense... I can't believe 2 flow switches can be defective on two seperate machines, but it could happen. How to check that? Where exactly is flow switch? I disconnected valve (one onside machine on left side, water is running through it to the tube) and i checked it it was clean, nothing inside... Is this what you call flow switch (i call it valve)?

Vahidin Goga
05-05-2014, 8:54 AM
I grounded valve, and problem is still here. How to check the flow switch, i can't find it...

George M. Perzel
05-05-2014, 1:16 PM
Vahidin;
The flow switch is in the valve and remains closed when water is flowing. What controller (main board ) type are you using? Is it the RDLC320? If so, email me directly and I will email you the manual for that board.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts
gmperzel@rochester.rr.com

Walt Langhans
05-05-2014, 4:33 PM
I had the same issue. Your Water 'In' and 'Out' might be mislabeled on your machine. Reverse them (ie put the hose you have on the 'IN' nozzle on the 'OUT' nozell and vice versa) and see if that does it.

Vahidin Goga
06-18-2014, 3:44 AM
I did exactly that and now it's fine. Thank you for help!

Vahidin Goga
06-18-2014, 3:52 AM
Now i have another problem... I start to think i should have stick with Goldenlaser... As far as i see, from past month of experience with Shenhui, it seems that their machines are more sophisticated comparing to Goldenlaser, but they alos have far more issues and problems.

Now, this is new one: I was cutting 10mm acrilyc with parameters: 6mm/sec, power 100%. Cutting was expcellent. Now, few days ago i found very strange problem: when i input same parameters laser does not cut through 10mm acrilyc, it cuts only 2-3 mm.. When i decrease power to 95% and increase speed up to 10mm/sec, it goes almost all the way through 10mm acrylic, but not all the way. It is very strange, i was double and treble checking all parameters and everything seems ok. Tube is 130W RECI, and on higher speed (35mm/sec for 2mm acrilyc) it cuts perfectly, but on lower speed it has no power...

Does anyone has any idea what should i do? I contacted Shenhui and they asked me to film the problem and send them a video, but i think it is waste of time since they will see nothing on video...

Please help!

Bill George
06-18-2014, 9:28 AM
I guess if something was not cutting all the way through why would you decrease the power and increase the speed?

Dave Sheldrake
06-18-2014, 12:20 PM
Often less is more, it's about efficiency not brute power.

cheers

Dave

Clark Pace
06-18-2014, 12:43 PM
If it's a cheaper tube. Run it at 70% - 80% power. I never run mine at %100. One of the tube manufacturers suggested to stay away from running at %100

Kev Williams
06-18-2014, 2:05 PM
There's a simple reason why Shenhui's "seem" to have more issues than other Chlasers-- It's the same reason why Golden Retrievers bite more people than any other breed of dog...

It's because there's more OF them in the first place!

Rodne Gold
06-19-2014, 4:47 AM
You might have set the parameters in the machine itself to work at 90% and using a setting of 100% in software might make the machine default to a much lower power setting?
Or maybe 100% power is overheating a mirror or the lens
Or your machine might need alignment...