PDA

View Full Version : my new bench pics

everett lowell
06-26-2005, 9:26 AM
just some pics of my completed 2x4'' bench,she aint maple or beech, buy Im very happy with it.:) thanks for looking.

Jim Becker
06-26-2005, 9:39 AM
'Snuck that last one in, eh!! ;) Very nice bench...looks really sturdy. And your table also is great.

Silas Smith
06-26-2005, 9:40 AM
Very nice, now the first thing you need to do is take a hammer and hit it a couple of times so you aren't afraid of messing up that beautiful finish.

Roy Wall
06-26-2005, 9:42 AM
Everett,

THat bench is beautiful and full armoured!!! Nice job!!.. WHat type of hardware do you have on it??

.......and it looks like a terrific end table too!!!

everett lowell
06-26-2005, 9:50 AM
Roy, The hardware is from Lee Valley,and she's shiney from a fresh coat of BLO.And yes Jim I had to sneek that one pic in of my moms bday present,I cut that cherry tree down out of her yard two years ago!:)

Rich Konopka
06-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Roy, The hardware is from Lee Valley,and she's shiney from a fresh coat of BLO.And yes Jim I had to sneek that one pic in of my moms bday present,I cut that cherry tree down out of her yard two years ago!:)

Nice work Everett !!! At least you can say you have one over George Washington. You made something beautiful from the Cherry Tree you cut down.

But we all know the truth and that is George Washington never cut down a cherry tree. It was a myth that came out shortly after his death when a biographer made up the tale. ;)

Corey Hallagan
06-26-2005, 10:21 AM
That bench looks like a beauty! Wonderful! The little table is kewl to. Nice work.

Corey

scott spencer
06-26-2005, 10:41 AM
That's a fine looking bench ya got there Everett....I especially like the little bench...should come in handy for holding chisels 'n stuff...;)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Excellent bench Everett! Mom's gonna like that table too!

Alan Tolchinsky
06-26-2005, 11:57 AM
Very nice bench and table. I can't quite make out the detail at the top of the leg where it meets the apron. Could you explain/ show what you did there. You should be very proud of both those pieces. Alan in Md.

Gail O'Rourke
06-26-2005, 12:37 PM
Awesome bench, gorgeous, does it just want to make you smile when you look at it?

everett lowell
06-26-2005, 1:36 PM
[QUOTE=Alan Tolchinsky]Very nice bench and table. I can't quite make out the detail at the top of the leg where it meets the apron. Could you explain/ show what you did there. You should be very proud of both those pieces. Alan in Md.[/Q UOTE] This is the first time I did a leg like this .It was not as hard as I thought!All my other legs were just square (and tapered) right up to the apron.Thanks to all for the nice complements.:)

Gord Graff
06-26-2005, 3:35 PM
Hello Everett,

I like your bench very much, I wish my dining room table was that nice.
My bench looks like a bunch of angry beavers got at it.

All the best
Gord
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v191/gordgraff/WorkbenchMedium.jpg

Alan Tolchinsky
06-26-2005, 4:37 PM
[QUOTE=Alan Tolchinsky]Very nice bench and table. I can't quite make out the detail at the top of the leg where it meets the apron. Could you explain/ show what you did there. You should be very proud of both those pieces. Alan in Md.[/Q UOTE] This is the first time I did a leg like this .It was not as hard as I thought!All my other legs were just square (and tapered) right up to the apron.Thanks to all for the nice complements.:)

I like that! Now that I can see it closer I think it's a cool detail and I may give that a try on my next piece. Thanks for the pic. Alan in Md.

Jason Tuinstra
06-26-2005, 4:37 PM
Everett, looks great! I'd be happy with that bench, 2x4's or not. I'm sure you'll get lots of good use out of it. Congrats!

Don Slaughter
06-26-2005, 4:44 PM
That is a GREAT BENCH and will make you smile (as Gail knows) everytime you walk into your shop. the table is a priz as well...WELL DONE! ;)

Don

Jerry Olexa
06-26-2005, 7:23 PM
Nice looking bench. Looks sturdy and solid! Enjoy it. Great job!!

Pete Harbin
06-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Nicely done on both projects! I really like the fluted detail on the table. Your Mom is going to love it. Heck, I bet she'd even rave about that workbemch too! :D

Pete

lou sansone
06-26-2005, 10:50 PM
very nice bench. looks like a lot of work went into it.

best wishes
lou

Chris Padilla
06-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Nice work, Everett! I love the economical bench!