PDA

View Full Version : Laserpro Explorer Problem Any Help Appreciated

Gary Lacey
05-04-2014, 7:16 AM
Hi All, We have a laserpro explorer at our school which is approx. 8 years old and is used extensively. We were doing some engraving last week when we noticed that the X axis engraving lines were wandering. I carried out some tests as hopefully you can see in the attached photo. The first test was two letter I’s approx 450mm apart at 30 % speed. The result was an ‘I’ that was nearly 45 degrees due to the X movement being out. Trying to move the head back to the home 0,0 position after it finished the cut (which is usually top left corner) resulted in the laser ending up approx 200mm away on the X axis while the Y axis was fine . The second test was 3 I’s at varying speeds 30, 20 and 10 % and closer together. As the speed were reduced the shape became better.
Having read other people similar experiences in the forum it sounds like the X decoder may have dust in it? We have checked the belts for wear and tension also the tightness of the end spline on the motor all of which are fine and the head movement along the X rail is smooth. There is no movement in the bed or material.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you in advance.