PDA

View Full Version : T-g-i-f !!!!

Peter Pedisich
05-02-2014, 8:43 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vdijU2Yevpo/U2Q4S5W6IVI/AAAAAAAACu4/8mVRaLgYRLg/s800/IMG_1631.jpg

Jim Koepke
05-02-2014, 9:07 PM
Are you kidding?

I remember when it used to matter what day it was.

Now that I am retired I have to work everyday.

Especially Saturday at the Farmers Market.

Spent some of the day getting the wood out of the truck from the trees we cut and bucked yesterday. Spent some time splitting and stacking. It splits a lot easier when it is fresh.

Then had to finish putting together a voltage controller for SWMBO so she can control her soldering iron for doing stained glass.

Still have to load up the truck for tomorrow. We usually do that just before putting the chickens and goose to bed.

Maybe I should buy some beer to be able to have one and kick back.

May have to stop by this one place and see if they still carry Anchor Porter. I like a good strong stout or porter through which light can not pass.

Sitting here green with envy,

jtk

Adam Cruea
05-02-2014, 9:19 PM
Nice!

I purchased some Dogfish Head and Goose Island for my weekend activities. . .be they computer games or woodworking.

steven c newman
05-02-2014, 9:23 PM
Almost picked up a six of Killian's Irish Red tonight.....bummer that I have to work the next three nights, 12 hr. shifts. 12 months+ 14 days, and a wake up til retirement. And, YES I am counting it down like a Short Timer, too!

Jim Koepke
05-02-2014, 9:29 PM
I purchased some Dogfish Head and Goose Island for my weekend activities.

I have some fond memories of Goose Island from when I was in Chicagoland ages ago.

Waddle it be?

jtk

Eric Schubert
05-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Nothing like a good, heavy dark beer to kick off the weekend! I'm a big fan of stouts, porters, and belgian dark strong ales. Nice choice!

My beverage of choice tonight..? "Devil Over a Barrel" from Tyranena, a local brew from WI. It's hard to ever complain about the combination of beer and bourbon!

Robert McNaull
05-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Agree TGIF! Last few weeks have been rough, pushing out data logging equipment for our test season mixed with people taking vacation at the worst times means not making it home until 9 most of the week and my daughter is already in bed. Wife has been super understanding at least and I shipped pretty much all our hardware today and now get to catch up on my actual job responsibilities this weekend. Grain belt in hand tonight before hitting the sack early.

Best dark beer I have ever had was a Chekloslovakian beer in Germany called staropraven (best guess at spelling). Delicious beer the hotel bier garden served, have stayed there 4 times and keeps me coming back to that hotel.

Eric Schubert
05-02-2014, 11:56 PM
Robert, you mean Staropramen (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/437/1317/)? I'd love to have a chance to try some true European beer, especially something from Belgium or Germany. I hear it's much better than the imported stuff in the US. I was surprised to find out that Italy produces some pretty tasty stuff! I ran across some Italian porter from Brewfist of all things, and it was delicious.

Robert McNaull
05-03-2014, 4:44 PM
Eric, I think that is right, it was their dark lager, it was the only Staropramen they had on tap so I figured it was the name of beer and might be a little lost in the translation. Nothing like working your tail off all week and going and parking your rear at the bier garten on a Friday night and closing the place down with a couple of my German counterparts.

I make it over to Germany at least every 2 years for an engineering conference and the Agritechnica machinery show in Hannover and always enjoy the trip. Travel is pretty easy over there, most speak some english and with GPS and their train systems it's pretty easy to get where you want to go. If you ever get the chance hop the pond it is worth the trip.

ray hampton
05-03-2014, 7:16 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-vdijU2Yevpo/U2Q4S5W6IVI/AAAAAAAACu4/8mVRaLgYRLg/s800/IMG_1631.jpg

Peter, did you buy the beer from Hampton Inn

Peter Pedisich
05-03-2014, 9:13 PM
Ray, stopped off at the Beverage Barn on my way home...

Peter Pedisich
05-03-2014, 9:14 PM
Eric, that looks awesome! -pete

Eric Schubert
05-03-2014, 11:00 PM
Peter, it's pretty tasty, though it's not my favorite beer aged in bourbon barrels. The best I've had is from Central Waters. Their bourbon barrel stout would be up there for my last beer on earth. But the Cuvée Van De Keizer Blauw (http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1534/6947/) would probably edge it out for my all-time favorite beer. That's a sweet Belgian dessert in a glass!