PDA

View Full Version : Instructions, Disclaimer, Etc

Tom Megow
05-02-2014, 5:03 PM
Do y'all hand out anything to buyers when you sell a bowl?
Tom
Alabama

Jim Silva
05-02-2014, 5:05 PM
I have little index cards that go with each bowl or vase with care and feeding instructions depending on it's intended purpose. Cleaning and care on all, recommended uses on utility bowls, etc.

Tom Megow
05-02-2014, 6:27 PM
could you post your basic bowl recommendations?

Jim Silva
05-02-2014, 7:26 PM
Here's what I give with various turned items. I print it onto card stock and cut it into three different sets of instructions. A quick search of the interwebs will show where I got some of the verbage and ideas before adding my own two cents.

Utility Bowl Care Instructions

The wood used to make this bowl was recycled from a storm-downed, damaged or pruned tree. The wood was destined for a landfill or a firewood pile. I use no harvested wood in my bowls.

This bowl is a great kitchen utensil. Use it to serve pasta, salad, popcorn or fruit. After use, hand wash with warm water and soap. Rinse thoroughly. Remove excess water. Let it air dry. Do not soak it in water or put it in the dishwasher or microwave.

These bowls are NOT recommended for soups or sauces nor any storage of food items beyond their serving.

Occasionally recondition the bowl with walnut oil or mineral oil. With proper care, it will last for generations. Please share it with the next generation of food lovers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hollow Forms and Vase Instructions

The wood used to make this vessel was recycled from a storm-downed, damaged or pruned tree. The wood was destined for a landfill or a firewood pile.

These vessels are NOT waterproof and are NOT intended to be filled with water for flower arrangements. Cut flowers can be inserted into aqua pick (sometimes called water tubes) to keep them fresh and the vessel dry.

Wooden vessels are light so be sure to trim any arrangements to the proper length to prevent tipping.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taking Care of Your Bowl

To maintain the handcrafted finish of the bowl, simply dust it with a dry soft cloth. Do not use oil, furniture polish or cleaning products on the bowl. A good quality neutral color paste wax – Minwax Paste Finishing Wax, Liberon Neutral Paste Wax, Clear Briwax or similar - may be applied to the bowl as necessary to maintain the finish.

The bowl may be used to hold dried or artificial flowers/fruit, individually wrapped candies and nuts. The bowl is not suitable for holding liquids. Prolonged handling of the bowl may transfer oils from hands onto the wood and alter the natural colors of the wood.

The bowl should be kept out of direct sunlight. It is best to keep the bowl in a cool, dry place. Extreme changes in humidity and/or temperature should be avoided. Normal household environments are generally suitable for display of the bowl.

Tom Megow
05-03-2014, 5:14 PM
That's a big help thanks :D