PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Vegas in July?

Rob Littleton
06-25-2005, 9:51 PM
Anyone going to be at the AWFS in Vegas in July?

I was just looking at the LAguna when the wife walked in and suggested, "if you really want one, we should go to a show and see if we can a deal".......I had those reservations booked in 10 minutes flat. I told her I want the new 16 inch Laguna.....we shall see..........She also suggested we take the truck. hmm, me thinks me coming back with goodies...hehe

Steve Rowe
06-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Rob,

I won't be going to the Las Vegas show but last year I took my wife to the IWF in Atlanta. I figured after the first day, she would drop me off at the train station and go shopping. Not so, she loved it and toughed it out for 2 more days and was fascinated by woodturning. Tomorrow, we are both going to Marc Adams school and taking a turning course from Richard Raffin. There is a downside, I now have to fight for lathe time.
Steve

Jamie Buxton
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking about it. Vegas makes my skin crawl, but AWFS sure is fun.

Bob Nieman
06-26-2005, 12:41 AM
Nope, well July 31st I will. Would love to take in a Wood Show but I'll be there for training (if it isn't cancelled) first week of August. Woodworking stores open after 5 pm would be nice, otherwise I will be walking around Home Depot and Lowes....
(I hates Vegas, but that is where the training is)

Norman Hitt
06-26-2005, 1:05 AM

I was just looking at the LAguna when the wife walked in and suggested, "if you really want one, we should go to a show and see if we can a deal".......I had those reservations booked in 10 minutes flat. I told her I want the new 16 inch Laguna.....we shall see..........She also suggested we take the truck. hmm, me thinks me coming back with goodies...hehe

Nope, not going, but since you are, don't forget to do a good comparison of the MiniMax vs the Laguna, then pick the one you like best.

Have Fun, and don't forget to take a couple of old blankets and some good tie down ropes. :D :D

Robby Phelps
06-26-2005, 1:47 AM

Hey Rob,
I sure wish I was going. I went back a few years ago and loved it. I am really going to try to go in 2007. Anyone know why it is being held in Las Vegas and not Anaheim. When I went there was a big power outage and a couple of the big companies (stiles, altendorf) got really mad. Is theat why they moved it? Just courious. I think I would like it better in anaheim. Anyways we all definetly want a report on the show. Hope you have fun

john blanchard
06-26-2005, 7:13 AM
The wife and i are going from the 22nd to the 30th, we have been talking about going for awhile, when i saw that the show was on we decided to kill 2 birds with 1 stone. All i need is 2 days to myself for the show , we are also planning for hoover dam and the grand canyon.

johnny

John Shuk
06-26-2005, 7:15 AM
Call Laguna now and let them know you would like to buy a show machine. I understand you can work out a pretty good deal that way.

Robert Tarr
06-26-2005, 10:17 AM
I am not going, but if I were you and in Vegas under the same scenario, I would take her to one of the drive through places and marry her again!

As someone else pointed out, make sure you take a step back and compare both the MM and the Laguna and if you already have, make sure you call them ahead of time to make sure they have something for you at the show. I did that and ended up with the MM16 and didn't pay shipping and ended up with a nice assortment of blades and somebody else had to clean the grease off of the machine... :cool:

Have fun.

Robert

Rich Konopka
06-26-2005, 10:22 AM
I just got back a week ago from Vegas and it was Hottttt!! :eek: I wish my trip would have been to the AWF.Instead it was a week long conference full of Powerpoints:(. July 31, I'll be in Hawaii looking for some Kona.:D

Bob Marino
06-26-2005, 10:51 AM
I will be there Wednesday through Friday at the Festool booth - where else? ;)

Bob

Steve Evans
06-26-2005, 1:29 PM
I had hoped to make it to the show, registered and everything. Unfortunately a training course starts on the 21st of July and I won't have much free time for a couple of months. Hopefully Atlanta next year.

Steve

John Renzetti
06-26-2005, 2:06 PM
Hi, I'm flying out on Tuesday evening and have to fly back on Thursday night on the Philadephia redeye. I'm looking forward to meeting up with a bunch of friends. When I go by the Festool booth I'll wear a disguise since Bob Marino will be there with his fishing line. :)
take care,
John

Rob Littleton
06-26-2005, 9:17 PM
well thanks to ALL of those that mentioned me to compare the MM to the L.....that's just screwed me up :-). I thought my mind was made up. hmmmm

OK, I will and thanks for the suggestion of calling ahead, maybe get a deal huh?

Also, to the person that suggested I take blankets and rope, I will be staying in a hotel and the blankets wont be neccessary.....hahaha (joke)

Thanks all for your time and replies, if you are there look for me, I will be the short, fat guy with a bald head ........ hahaha

thanks again

John Gregory
06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
My wife and I will be there this year. We are in Northern Utah so the drive won't be bad at all.

John

John A. Williams
06-28-2005, 11:50 PM
I'll be there on the 27th.