PDA

View Full Version : A huge thanks to the Robo Hippy

Ralph Lindberg
05-01-2014, 1:38 AM
Last month Reed made the trip up from Eugene (OR) to Bremerton (WA) to be the monthly program
I guess he must have enjoyed himself
Because he made the trip up again this month to participate in a SawDust and Shavings night.
Thats two months in a row he has come up and shared his expertise with us.
This month he stopped at Dave's place (D-Way tools) and brought Dave along. We hadn't seen Dave in several months and had really missed him

max taylor
05-01-2014, 3:17 PM
I asked Dave if he would consider re-locating to a more central location like Texas .or Oklahoma right after tornadoes destroyed schools and killed several schoolchildren. He respectfully declined, dontcha know. Max

Reed Gray
05-01-2014, 8:12 PM
Yea, it was fun again. Dave said, I'm just going to observe.... Well, we where sharpening together, then he was off turning a bowl or two and covered with shavings. I never got away from the sharpening station till things were closing down, so we didn't get to turn a bowl together, but I showed my shear scraping. He uses different techniques than I do. I got to spend the night at his place, then got the shop tour, bought a few tools, then headed out. If you have ever seen his place, you would understand why he won't want to locate down south there. He grows oysters in his back yard on the bay.... I never did like oysters though.....

robo hippy

Ralph Lindberg
05-01-2014, 11:31 PM
Ya Dave's place is really nice.. water front on Puget Sound. His shop is a converted boat-shed. Not the type of shed to just stick a boat in, the kind you could refit one in, enclosed, heated, with no need for A/C, since it is right on the water

JOHN R. ANDERSON
05-07-2014, 3:01 PM
How may I contact you to purchase a robo rest.

John Anderson

Reed Gray
05-07-2014, 3:15 PM
John,
PM sent.

robo hippy