PDA

View Full Version : another new addition..

greg lindsey
04-30-2014, 1:04 AM
About a week ago I did something out of my norm and bid on and won a Epilog EXT 75w machine. Saw the pictures and looked pretty good, but you never know until you get the thing fired up. Machined arrived this afternoon, started uncrating it and wow this machines looks absolutely brand new, seriously having a hard time telling if it's ever even been used (ok maybe a few times) but that's about it. Hooked it up to the computer and it fired right up. Actually putting out 83 watts on my meter. So I can say it was a good day. Came with a vector table and a machine cover, which I had never seen before, the cover that is. :D

Mike Null
04-30-2014, 7:47 AM
Greg

Congratulations on your good fortune.

Keith Upton
04-30-2014, 9:51 AM
Just curious, where did you find it for auction at?

greg lindsey
04-30-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks Mike. Keith it was bought at a Gov Auction. Wow, just looked at my post from last night, seems I was pretty tired and the typo's were flying LOL.

Jason Hilton
04-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Wow I bid on that machine! Congrats on the win!

Keith Upton
04-30-2014, 10:59 AM
Thanks Mike. Keith it was bought at a Gov Auction. Wow, just looked at my post from last night, seems I was pretty tired and the typo's were flying LOL.

Thanks Greg. Is it an online auction?

Chuck Stone
04-30-2014, 2:40 PM
OK, I hate you now. ;-)

Scott Shepherd
04-30-2014, 2:50 PM
With all those lasers you should be looking into Galvo's. Congratulations, looks like business really is booming in Texas!

John Bion
04-30-2014, 3:18 PM
Congrats on a great purchase!

I feel for you Jason! I am bidding on a laser right now (in England) and wonder who it is that I am up against, I dare not ask around too much in case I find out:D
Kind Regards, John

Bruce Volden
04-30-2014, 9:57 PM
Well, hhhmmmm, you know the saying.
No pic's--never happened.

Bruce

Mark Ross
04-30-2014, 10:28 PM
Greg...

Wanna sell it for a little profit?

greg lindsey
05-01-2014, 2:37 AM
Jason, it was a battle. I was wondering who it was running me up :eek: LOL. I was just about to get out and decided to go one more.

Scott, yes business is booming here. I don't run the summits much anymore, but all else runs min of 16 hrs a day , 6 days a week. I wanted to go galvo, but need the larger table sizes. Next on the list are Fushion Fibers, hoping to add 2 30watt machines this year.

It happened, pictures coming tomorrow. :cool:

Glen Monaghan
05-01-2014, 6:02 PM
It happened, pictures coming tomorrow. :cool:

Speaking of which, I've noticed that Dan has been vewy, vewy quiet lately... and none of the oft-promised pictures from him, either... fairly convinced it just didn't happen!

greg lindsey
05-02-2014, 11:49 AM
ok, here are some pics. it happened ! LOL

Jason Hilton
05-02-2014, 12:21 PM
Lol I promise I wasn't running you up! I actually got out pretty early, decided before I got in that I would set a limit low since I didn't know what shape the machine was in.

greg lindsey
05-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Jason, I wasn't all that sure either, gambled that the tube was even in the machine. The government has a history of pulling out the tubes prior to the auction, maybe has something to do with the "possible" dangers of the tube. Having a good feeling the tube would still be it, and possibly just having it dead and replacing it. But I knew the limit of what the machine was worth and what it would take to repair it.