PDA

View Full Version : change machine start position

Casey kerner
04-29-2014, 9:08 PM
Hey there everyone. I'm having an issue with my machine. It is new to me and this is my first attempt at a project. The machine wants to start at the top right of the bed for the job. How do I change the start position? Is it a setting in laser cut software? I am at a loss. Any help or advice is appreciated. The laser is a artsign Chinese unit. LaserJet 5.3 software.

Kristopher Geer
04-29-2014, 9:39 PM
I'm not at my machine right now but under one of the tabs at the top it has laser settings or system settings. You will see dots with one of them highlighted. The highlighted dot is your start point.

Casey kerner
04-29-2014, 9:42 PM
I tried that option but it would only give soft stop error when trying to run it. I tried moving the head to the center manually and it returns to the top right as soon as I start the file.

Kristopher Geer
04-29-2014, 10:04 PM
Did you uncheck the x mirror box and the absolute position? This software is a little goofy. It also depends on if you use the start from "current position" "anchor point" or "machine zero". Did this just start happening?

Casey kerner
04-29-2014, 10:29 PM
I'll check those things Kristopher. It is literally my first attempt at making something, New to me laser. Thank you for the pointers!

Casey kerner
05-01-2014, 4:14 PM
Figured it out. There was a setting on the machine (logic cancel? ) that when yes selected it allows the machine to start where I put it. Thanks for all who chimed in!

Kristopher Geer
05-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Great! Glad to hear. Thank you because now I know also!