PDA

View Full Version : LV Service is also very thorough

Frederick Skelly
04-28-2014, 7:50 PM
I ordered the wrong size in an item and had to return it to LV. As always, their service team was superb. Immediately sent me the right one (charging it to my card, of course), while I quickly sent the erroneous item back using their label (I offerred to pay the shipping - the error was totally mine -but they wouldnt hear of it.)

When I called to confirm they had received it, they hadnt. I waited another week and was about to call again. But they beat me to the punch - a letter arrived confirming they had received it and that they have credited my card.

Ive NEVER gotten a letter confirming a return before that I can recall.

Good show Mr. Lee. Its a real pleasure dealing with a company that cares about my business!

Fred

Robert Culver
04-28-2014, 8:17 PM
Ditto great company to deal with!!

Tony Wilkins
04-28-2014, 11:41 PM
The only time I needed to return something to LV they sent me a confirmation letter as well. Great folks to deal with up there north of the border eh.

john zulu
04-29-2014, 12:24 AM
After dealing with some shady business. I would rather support LV any day. If their prices was only cheaper ....

Al Weber
04-29-2014, 7:59 AM
Price is what you pay but value is what you get. Especially true of LV. Sure you can buy less expensive items but you can't beat the value of most their merchandise. Yes, I've been disappointed on occasion with LV purchases but a return always meets with a cheerful refund and no questions asked. Class act in my opinion.

Brian Holcombe
04-29-2014, 9:29 AM
That's been my experience as well, if paying slightly more upfront means I'm dealing with a better company and getting a better product than I often make that choice.

LV's product descriptions remind me if the j peterman catalog, and I'm glad to know that they scoured the worlds most exotic places to find me the perfect set of brad point drill bits.

Tony Wilkins
04-29-2014, 9:39 AM
LV's product descriptions remind me if the j peterman catalog, and I'm glad to know that they scoured the worlds most exotic places to find me the perfect set of brad point drill bits.

LOL, so true.

Bill White
04-29-2014, 10:08 AM
Quality always. Price is relative.

Lee Valley is just a plain old class act. What else can I say?

Bill

Rob Lee
04-29-2014, 8:13 PM
I ordered the wrong size in an item and had to return it to LV. As always, their service team was superb. Immediately sent me the right one (charging it to my card, of course), while I quickly sent the erroneous item back using their label (I offerred to pay the shipping - the error was totally mine -but they wouldnt hear of it.)

When I called to confirm they had received it, they hadnt. I waited another week and was about to call again. But they beat me to the punch - a letter arrived confirming they had received it and that they have credited my card.

Ive NEVER gotten a letter confirming a return before that I can recall.

Good show Mr. Lee. Its a real pleasure dealing with a company that cares about my business!

Fred

Hi Fred -

Thanks for the kind comments - I'll make sure they get to our service staff!

Cheers, and thanks for your business!

Rob

allen long
04-29-2014, 10:17 PM
Not sure what you mean about wishing LV prices needing to be lower. I think they have some of the best value in premium hand tools. There is a cost to the engineering design, materials, and manufacturing of a high quality tool. Sometimes I actually wonder how they make money given the associated costs and the fact these are not sold en masse compared to most consumer goods. Add to that LVs return policy and customer service I think we are lucky to have such a company in North America. And that is not taking into account that they provide high quality jobs in Canada.

Adam Cruea
04-30-2014, 9:20 AM
They do have some excellent customer service.

I purchased some cap irons from them and 2 of them seemed "off" (when you tightened them down, they still had a corner that didn't contact the blade). They sent me replacements on two separate occasions (before having the old ones shipped back) *and* after getting the 2nd one said they were going to go back and double-check that batch since it seemed odd to them they had 2 cap irons that were out-of-square. Both times I got confirmation letters, too.

My only regret with shopping at Lee Valley is that I don't spend enough there. They have some superb customer service and offer excellent products.

Frank Martin
04-30-2014, 12:24 PM
If Lee Valley sells what I need, that is where I buy things. I know sometimes somebody else may have a slightly better price, but I have not seen anybody match the value, in particular the service that comes with the purchase. They have done a great service to the woodworking community by bringing in new interpretations of old hand tools, to me in all cases with tangible improvements in one way or another.