PDA

View Full Version : Trotec Software Question

Bruce Dillingham
04-28-2014, 6:39 PM
Moving from XP to 8.1. Have everything loaded and working except I can't find where to copy my material files to in 8.1. I don't want to loose all my settings. Could someone take a look at the path and where they are located so I can copy my file there. I am using v9 of the control software. Moving to v10 is next. Thanks

Mike Null
04-29-2014, 7:55 AM
For the time being just copy them to your desktop.

You might consider a free download called classic shell.net to make your files more recognizable. When you install JCX it should bring your material files with it.

Morris Mac
05-04-2014, 9:06 AM
Hello,

Version 9 of JC stores material DB different then JCX. You can find your material DB on v9 under C:/ProgramData/Trotec/V9/ file name is TR_CO2_Material.dat
Program Data folder might be hidden you need to unhide by going to folder option and select show all files and folders.
on JCX you need to export your material DB every time you make a change or add you own material DB. In JCX do not delete default material db you can add and modify existing ones.

Bruce Dillingham
05-05-2014, 4:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I was trying to move from XP to 8.1 keeping JC 9 for now. Finally got it with help from Trotec. It was a permissions and hidden folder issue. Next step will be JC 10.