PDA

View Full Version : Are Jorgensen I bar clamps USA made?

Michael Yadfar
04-28-2014, 11:50 AM
I usually try to buy USA when I can. I know some Jorgensen clamps have their country of origin listed as USA, but for the heavy duty I Bar ones I can't find the country of origin. I heard some talk about some of their products moving to China production, does anyone know where the I Bar clamps come from?

John Hollaway
04-28-2014, 3:33 PM
Hi Mike,

Not sure of the country of origin, but I have about a dozen that I bought about 25 years ago, so probably USA. And actually, they've seen very little use. I only replied because I have little to no use for them anymore and would likely sell some or all. Although they would be awfully costly to ship, I see we're in the same state - perhaps not too far apart. I'm in Chambersburg, 17201, right on I-81, about 20 miles north of the Maryland line. Give me a shout if you want to talk. Thanks.

John

Mark Bolton
04-28-2014, 3:40 PM
They are. Call Jorgensen, you will get an office across the street from the plant.

I had some problems with sticking swivel pads on some hd series f clamps and they called me back in minutes and sent me replacement pads. I was getting ready to order some more i bars and he said he was looking at the plant from his office window.

Most of my clamps are jorgensen for these reasons (plus the ibars are simply the best).

Mac McQuinn
04-28-2014, 4:09 PM
Mine were about 15 years old & were made in the USA.
Great clamps BTW,
Mac

Mike Henderson
04-28-2014, 6:10 PM
Great clamps, I agree. But HEAVY. Once you get a panel clamped up it's tough to move. I find the Bessey K body clamps to be lighter. You can get more pressure with the Jorgensen clamps, if that's what you need.

Mike

Michael Yadfar
04-28-2014, 6:22 PM
Great clamps, I agree. But HEAVY. Once you get a panel clamped up it's tough to move. I find the Bessey K body clamps to be lighter. You can get more pressure with the Jorgensen clamps, if that's what you need.

Mike

Yea that's definitely true. I've worked with these same clamps before and it took me and someone else to move the piece I glued up. I will probably buy light clamps too, but I find these big I Bar clamps best for glue ups

mark kosse
04-28-2014, 9:16 PM
Jorgensen/Adjustable clamp company products were all US made. Unfortunately they were recently sold and are now pony tools. I'm sure Asian made will be soon to follow. I really hate to see it as they made some of the best clamps ever.

Michael Yadfar
04-29-2014, 9:45 AM
Hi Mike,

Not sure of the country of origin, but I have about a dozen that I bought about 25 years ago, so probably USA. And actually, they've seen very little use. I only replied because I have little to no use for them anymore and would likely sell some or all. Although they would be awfully costly to ship, I see we're in the same state - perhaps not too far apart. I'm in Chambersburg, 17201, right on I-81, about 20 miles north of the Maryland line. Give me a shout if you want to talk. Thanks.

John

I think I sent you a message... It's acting weird on me, let me know here if you didn't get it

Mike Heidrick
04-29-2014, 10:44 AM
The Jorgy folks are in my top 5 favorite WW vendors I have ever worked with. Great Group!!! That is why I own so many of their clamps!

John Piwaron
04-29-2014, 4:34 PM
Great clamps, I agree. You can get more pressure with the Jorgensen clamps, if that's what you need.

Mike

I've got a pair of those. You can get so much pressure you'll crush your project if you're not careful.

FWIW, I came to favor Bessey K bodies. And the new models are extendable.