PDA

View Full Version : Possible router gloat?

Mike Cozad
04-28-2014, 3:52 AM
Was surfing the local Craigslist for something completely unrelated to routers and a PC 7518 NIB showed up for $175. I called the gentleman and headed over. This is the first time I've found a deal anywhere close to my neck of the woods. It was less than 2 miles from me. The exchange was a bit weird, I think he has been scammed before, but he did let me open the box and fire it up. Still new in the box with original shipping labels and tape intact. :eek: It had been shipped to the local woodcraft back in 2006. It was perfect, and fired right up. I think I got a great deal. Now for a lift and I am all set.

Jak Kelly
04-28-2014, 7:25 AM
Ya, that's a very nice score. I got that routers smaller brother a few years ago, to mount permanently in my router table. At the time I wanted the 3.25 horse router and knew a manager at the Dewalt service center. If I remeber correctly, the best he could do was in the $250 range (that was giving me their family discount program). I wound-up getting the 2.25 horse one instead, for around $140 instead.

johnny means
04-28-2014, 7:28 AM
Come on, you know the rules :-(No pics, didn't happen:-D

But, if by chance, that did happen, it would be a great deal and very gloat worthy.

Tom M King
04-28-2014, 3:20 PM
For that price, I would have owned a fifth one.

Mike Cozad
04-28-2014, 9:32 PM
Yep, I get it but am too stupid to get a picture uploaded from my tablet or phone. I finally got the chance to get here from my laptop. Maybe I can get it done this way...

ok got it.

Come on, you know the rules :-(No pics, didn't happen:-D

But, if by chance, that did happen, it would be a great deal and very gloat worthy.

johnny means
04-28-2014, 10:02 PM
you suck! :-)

Bill Graham
04-29-2014, 7:23 AM
That is a deal! I got my second 7518 motor off Craigslist, it came from a shop that had bought it as a spare for their CNC and was still BNIB. They sold the CNC so didn't need the motor, I think I paid $175 for it.

Jak Kelly
04-29-2014, 9:50 AM
Yep, I get it but am too stupid to get a picture uploaded from my tablet or phone. I finally got the chance to get here from my laptop. Maybe I can get it done this way...

ok got it.

Okay, I think you got ripped-off, furthermore you just need to mail it to me. That way it won't be around as a constant reminder of the bad deal you got!

Mike Cozad
04-29-2014, 4:52 PM
Well crap, you're right. You'd better send me your address...

Okay, I think you got ripped-off, furthermore you just need to mail it to me. That way it won't be around as a constant reminder of the bad deal you got!

Jak Kelly
05-01-2014, 1:40 PM
I just found one, near me, for $50. The ad states "slightly used". I am going to have to check this out, I mean for $50!! So long as it is not in a cabinet shop or something........ Oh yeah, it is the 7519