PDA

View Full Version : Another outstanding customer service story

Dave Parkis
04-26-2014, 11:59 AM
A year or so ago I bought a dovetail saw from Ron Bontz that I never quite got the hang of (no pun intended). I finally just hung it up and went back to my LN. Fast forward to about a month ago and someone else tried the saw and suggested that it might need to be sharpened. I contacted Ron and he told me to send him the saw and he would sharpen it for me. A few days after I sent the saw back to Ron, he emailed me and told me that he had sharpened the saw and noticed a slight bow in the plate. I didn't know how that happened, but told him to go ahead and do whatever he felt it needed. A couple days after that, I got another email from Ron telling me that he had decided to swap out the plate and that he also decided to swap out the spine and even the saw nuts, because he wasn't happy with them. Again, this was more than a year after I bought the saw. The saw came home a couple days ago and I was able to spend some quality time with it last night and it cuts like a dream. There have been some recent posts about outstanding customer service lately and I just wanted to make sure that Ron was included. Its not often that I find vendors that go this far out of their way to make sure a customer is happy, and I would happily recommend Ron to anyone looking for a saw.

Jim Koepke
04-26-2014, 6:31 PM
I recently purchased from Ron Bontz and was impressed by his attention to detail and continuous email communication.

jtk