PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Breaking Bad Final Season...Rant....

Chuck Wintle
04-26-2014, 9:43 AM
small rant.....Yesterday I purchased the Final Season of Breaking Bad from Best Buy. Nowhere on the DVD package does it say that only episodes 1 thru 8 on in the package. At home I realized after opening the package that the last episodes are not included.:mad::mad: In the box is a paper that directs one to go to a website, download and install Flixter, type in a code to see the last episodes. Its a marketing ploy so that you get to see the missing episodes for free and possibly par for other movies as well. This is not right.

Dan Hintz
04-26-2014, 9:48 AM
I would take it back and get a refund. If I'm buying a "season", I expect the season to be in there. I am not a fan of DRM-limited content.

Chuck Wintle
04-26-2014, 9:51 AM
I am not a fan of DRM-limited content.
Me neither.

Brian Ashton
04-26-2014, 11:45 AM
small rant.....Yesterday I purchased the Final Season of Breaking Bad from Best Buy. Nowhere on the DVD package does it say that only episodes 1 thru 8 on in the package. At home I realized after opening the package that the last episodes are not included.:mad::mad: In the box is a paper that directs one to go to a website, download and install Flixter, type in a code to see the last episodes. Its a marketing ploy so that you get to see the missing episodes for free and possibly par for other movies as well. This is not right.

If it doesn't spell out what you're getting then it can't be legal and needs to be taken back and reported. They're relying on apathy of the buying public to do nothing so I'd be reporting it to the relevant authorities.

One of the few good things about australia was when you have such a problem with a company and then mention you're going to take it up with the fair trading dept. you get sneered at but they start cooperating very quickly. I even threatened apple australia, who are notorious for over charging and trying to fool the public, and they changed their tune very quickly.

Phil Thien
04-26-2014, 5:38 PM
Oh I wouldn't put up with that at all.

The producers of Breaking Bad don't get to redefine what a season of shows on DVD means, they need to "stick to the program."

I'd take it back. If Best Buy doesn't want it back, I'd call my CC company (if you used a card) and charge it back to Best Buy.

It is funny that businesses always decry class action lawsuits, but then turn around and pull carp like this.