PDA

View Full Version : Sort of unexpecte4d good service from Ryobi

Rich Engelhardt
04-25-2014, 5:00 PM
I just got an email from the Ryobi bench top support group.
Earlier this year, I'd purchased a Ryobi wet tile saw.
When I got it home and tried to use it, all it did was sit there and hum.

From the reviews online, I saw this wasn't an uncommon thing.

I packed it up and returned it to Home Depot right away for a refund.
I went online and filled out a review of the tile saw.

Just an hour ago, I got this in an email:

Dear Customer,
I work as the Sr. Product Manager for the development of Ryobi benchtop and stationary equipment sold at Home Depot. Recently you wrote a review of the Ryobi saw in which you raised some concerns about the product. I want to thank you for your purchase and say we are always striving to improve our products. As part of our continuous improvement program, we rely heavily on the valuable feedback we receive from customers to help us improve our quality. I am sorry to hear you had difficulties with your tool and we will thoroughly investigate and address the matter.
Unfortunately I do not have access to specific comments you may have made to either the store or customer service. If you would like to share additional details of your experience, please feel free to email me with your feedback. Items such as the product’s model number, serial number (both found on data label), type of material cut with the tool, sizes of cut, or any special circumstances you encountered on your project would be helpful. Please feel free to offer any additional information you believe would help us understand the problem. Not only do we want to help you resolve your issue, but we want to improve our tools with the help of your feedback.
I hope this experience will not deter you from considering our products in the future. Please let me know if I can help better explain any adjustment or setup of the tool and help resolve any other issues that you may still have with this product.
Thank you again for your purchase and your comments.
Sincerely,
Alek and the Ryobi Benchtop Development Team

I'm sort of surprised @ Ryobi for taking what appears to be such an active interest in their products.