PDA

View Full Version : I'm trying to choose a laser. Who makes the QX ones for rabbitlaser USA?

Adrian Page
04-23-2014, 8:56 AM
Apparently rabbitlaserUSA has several suppliers for it's lasers. I understand that the RL series are made by King Rabbit but I'm curious as to who makes the QX series ones.

BTW... I'm shopping for a 600 x 900 80 watt laser to cut model airplane kits. Lots of lite ply and balsa. Some 1/8th or thinner aircraft ply if anyone want's to toss out a recommendation.

Adrian

Jerome Stanek
04-23-2014, 9:51 AM
You might want to checkout Automation Technologies the are a sponsor here and have good prices. Good service also

David Somers
04-23-2014, 12:33 PM
Adrian,

I believe both machine models are made by Rabbit in China.
Contact Ray Scott at Rabbit Laser USA in Ohio and ask him directly to be sure. His wife, Carole, will also know.
Ray@rabbitlaserusa.com and Carole@rabbitlaserusa.com

Dave

Bill George
04-23-2014, 1:26 PM
You might want to checkout Automation Technologies the are a sponsor here and have good prices. Good service also

I will second the Automation Technologies, I've got one reserved in the next shipment coming in. John also has some good prices on the 60 watt machines.

I don't think the Rabbit Laser folks would be to interested in letting people know the source of their machines.

Adrian Page
04-23-2014, 3:57 PM
Thanks guys. I was going by this statement from the Rabbit laser USA site:

"Rabbit Laser USA uses several factories as resources for purchasing laser machines and related supplies. It is often easier for us to refer to these main factories as RL, JQ, and QX. We have used the factory initials to help us and our customers to separate the laser models. These initials are the first two letters of the laser machine model number."

The RL ones are King Rabbit but I wasn't sure what the other ones were. I don't think they ship to Canada. I am trying to figure out what machines they carry so I can import one myself. I figure if they like them enough to import and sell them themselves they must be pretty good machines.

Adrian

Jerome Stanek
04-23-2014, 4:21 PM
My laser is made by GWeike not sure who Scott uses but they are very helpful also. I needed one quicker than Scott could get it to me so I went with Automation and no regrets. If I was to order another I would consider importing it direct from GWeike as the size I would want would be very high. The Girls sent me a price list and their prices were very good less then half what I could get here.

Bill George
04-23-2014, 4:31 PM
Well you did not give your location in Canada but Automation Technologies is in Chicago and they import from China all the time and the prices are low. There are also stocking laser dealers in Canada that import from China. The Rabbit lasers that Ray Scott imports have extra added bells and whistles, not your normal Chinese laser right off the production line.

Adrian Page
04-23-2014, 6:03 PM
Thanks. I still am curious as to who makes the QX lasers listed on the site.

Adrian

David Somers
04-23-2014, 6:52 PM
Adrian,

Sorry I can't give you more info than I did. Give Ray and or Carole a call and see if they will tell you. I don't know how much business they do in Canada so they may have no qualms telling you. If not....nothing lost but a little time.

They are good folks by the way. When I am ready to purchase I will likely end up buying from them. For what that is worth.

Dave

Tony Lenkic
04-23-2014, 8:00 PM
Adrian, where in Canada are you? There are some Canadian importers that you can check with.

As for answer to your question google at this manufacturer............Jinan Quanxing Mechanical Equipment Co., Ltd.

Travis Wizniuk
04-23-2014, 11:37 PM
I imported a G. Weike in Edmonton about 4 months ago... I'm very happy with the laser. It has performed above my expectations..

Chuck Rohmann
04-25-2014, 8:31 AM
Adrian,
I just purchased a Storm 500 from John @ Automation Technologies and could not have been more pleased with sales & service. This was my first machine and I found that their pricing fit my budget. Great communication from sales to delivery, I can not say enough good things about them.

Clark Pace
04-25-2014, 1:33 PM
Hello,

Are you looking for a USA seller. Then probably http://www.hurricanelasers.net. not to be confused with hurricanelasers.com which is owned by fullspectrum.

I have met these guys and they were nice. On the other hand if you want to save a bunch of cash you could go to china direct.

I have personally worked with 8 different lasers. 3 from the USA and 5 from China.

I found Redsail to be good. Gweike, I did not have a good experience. Still fighting with the laser to this day. But there service is great. I just purchased a new shenhui laser. So far so good.

So far my best experience has been with Redsail lasers.

Bill George
04-25-2014, 5:53 PM
Adrian,
I just purchased a Storm 500 from John @ Automation Technologies and could not have been more pleased with sales & service. This was my first machine and I found that their pricing fit my budget. Great communication from sales to delivery, I can not say enough good things about them.
Is that the 60 watt or 35 watt model, grey and white or blue and white?

Chuck Rohmann
04-26-2014, 9:11 AM
Is that the 60 watt or 35 watt model, grey and white or blue and white?

Hi Bill,
I bought the 35 watt blue & white. I have had access to a Epilog laser and decided it was time to buy my own and this purchase exceeded my expectations. I'm very pleased.

Dan Hintz
04-26-2014, 9:47 AM
Hello,

Are you looking for a USA seller. Then probably hurricanelasers.net. not to be confused with hurricanelasers.com which is owned by fullspectrum.

That site has been posted before... to say the owners are clueless about how lasers actually operate is being kind. The FAQ page is a laugh-a-minute. I wouldn't trust anyone who claims to know so much but knows so little, just imagine what they troubleshooting technique will be like.

Bill George
04-27-2014, 2:10 PM
Hi Bill,
I bought the 35 watt blue & white. I have had access to a Epilog laser and decided it was time to buy my own and this purchase exceeded my expectations. I'm very pleased.
When did you purchase and are the pass thru doors really useful?

Adrian Page
04-29-2014, 7:46 AM
Tony has it... the QX lasers are made by Jinan Quanxing Mechanical Equipment Co., Ltd. for Rabbit laser USA. They seem like an attentive bunch. They have given me some prices that seem reasonable.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what I want to order as far as size of bed, laser power, up/down table or not. Will an 80 watt RECI cut 1/8"(3mm) aircraft ply or 1/4"(6mm)balsa in a single pass? or do I need a higher wattage? Will an 80 or 100 watt laser engrave on glass or should I forget that and install a second 60 watt tube? I don't even know if I will engrave anything at this point. I need the machine to cut model airplane parts. Anything else it can do would be secondary.

Adrian

Clark Pace
04-30-2014, 12:24 PM
Ugg!! Don't get me started on my Gweike. After a 1 1/2 years new problem are still cropping up. support was friendly, and they replaced the parts and paid for shipping. I'll give them that. But our machine 4 x 8 foot machine is a big door stop. Now perhaps we just got a lemon!

Dave Sheldrake
04-30-2014, 2:16 PM
80 watt will cut 3mm ply and 6mm balsa like a champ :)

cheers

Dave

Adrian Page
05-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Thanks Dave. I'm now looking at getting a RECI Z2 90 watt tube.

Adrian

Dave Sheldrake
05-01-2014, 12:58 PM
Clark, if you get stuck let me know, I have 2 of the big flatbeds and can usually diagnose most of the issues with them :)

cheers

Dave