PDA

View Full Version : Cut Vector Lines changing from red to a pale blue when printing to Job Control

Jack Searle
04-22-2014, 9:24 PM
Hi all,

I've just recently upgraded from XP SP2 to SP3 and the upgrade seems to have affected the vector colour red (cut line) when the print driver sends it over to the Job Control software, it will not cut as under WYSIWYG the line shows as a pale blue. I have all the pallets and profiles set to RGB with the Trotec Corel Pallets installed too. I'm running an old Speedy 100 that has no USB input, this is why I am stuck with XP, apparently drivers for Vista or 7 won't work and are unavailable for me to test. Anyway, any help on this matter would be much appreciated. If any further info is needed let me know and I will try provide it.

Thanks,

Jack

Cooma Trophy & Gift Centre

(first post, so I'm sorry if there is something I have done wrong)

Mike Null
04-23-2014, 8:15 AM
Jack

Welcome to SMC. That upgrade came out quite a while back and as I recall, caused a good bit of heartburn at the time. It seems that a re-install of Corel might be in order. I think you must also turn off color management in Corel.

I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't have to re-install the Trotec drivers as well. (I'll be using XP for the foreseeable future to run certain of my equipment.)

edit: did you try a restore operation to a time before you loaded sp3?

Jack Searle
04-23-2014, 8:43 PM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the reply! I have just tried re-installing Corel & Trotec drivers and seems I am getting the same result, I have a blank PC that already has XP SP3 & I have installed Corel and all Trotec drivers onto this one, still with the same results and all colour management turned off.. I am getting by for now just changing Desert blue to "cut" for the time being. Seems that no matter what colour I select, the hairline vectors all come over to JobControl as Desert blue.

As for a restore operation, when I try that, it just tries to revert back to SP2, I would just stick with SP2, however after this "Heartbleed" SLL virus, alot of SLL coded websites are unable to be loaded with out having an updated system. Doing my head in :S.

Hope I can sort it, I have be tinkering for a few days now, all settings are exactly the same as I had with SP2, so I'm thinking it's more of an internal problem with windows.

Thanks,

Jack

Mike Null
04-24-2014, 8:28 AM
Jack

I remember a few years back there was a glitch in a Windows update that impacted Corel. Maybe somebody with a better memory than me can pitch in on this.

Jack Searle
04-24-2014, 8:47 PM
Yeah seems to be the problem, it happens when I update, and when I do a system restore back to before the update it has fixed the problem. But I need the update to be able to use the internet, so I'm stuck until I can find a solution. None of the colour profiles, pallets or setting seem to change at all between updates in Corel from what I can see.

Anyways lets just hope someone might remember and hope there is a solution.

Thank

Jack

Mike Null
04-25-2014, 6:12 AM
Jack

Try going on the Corel forum. I think you'll get a quick answer there.

Mike Null
04-25-2014, 2:15 PM
The patch I was referring to is KB 2753842. Find this patch and delete it then reboot your pc. It may solve the problem.

Howard Garner
04-25-2014, 7:58 PM
One of the versions of Corel did have some printing problems.
Check that you have the latest Corel patches as well

Howard Garner