PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy a rotary attachment for a Shenhui?

Bob Crimmins
04-21-2014, 6:18 PM
I want to add a rotary attachment to an 80w Shenhui. Anyone have recent experience with this? Here are the questions I have (probably not all of the questions I SHOULD have... but I have a lot to learn).

Where's a good place to buy a new rotary attachment for a Shenhui?
What's a reasonable price range for these things?
Any warnings about what to look (look out) for?
Is there a secondary market for rotary attachments?
If I buy a new one, am I likely to get support from the company I bought from to get it up and running?
I saw a couple of tutorial posts on this forum about hooking up and configuring a rotary attachment. I'm sure if I took them step by step I would figure it out... but man oh man... is it really that kludgy to hook one of these things up?

What question should I have asked that I didn't?

Thanks for the help!!

Bob

Andrei Georgescu
04-23-2014, 2:02 AM
I have two of those: the regular and the irregular attachments. I didn't have the chance of trying them for now being a bit busy testing the cutting and engraving on flat surfaces. From what I saw so far I can tell you this:

The attachments' dimensions differ from one machine to another. I suspect you may connect a smaller one to a bigger machine but if you get a larger one obviously it mustn't be bigger than the work surface.
For my machine they charged me $220 for the irregular rotary and $150 for the regular one. I bought them from Shenhui when I ordered the machine from China.

Bob Crimmins
04-29-2014, 2:02 PM
Thanks, Andrei. I didn't know Shenhui sold them directly. I can't make heads or tails of their web site because it's all in Chinese and Google fails to translate it. Any advice on how to navigate the ordering process with them?

Andrei Georgescu
04-29-2014, 2:13 PM
I'm not sure if Shenhui actually manufactures them. They, as other Chinese brands, seem to get the components from factories and assemble the final product.
Contact this guy: robertlaser@163.com .
On their alibaba page he must be the one next to Blanca: http://www.shenhuilaser.en.alibaba.com/
He should help you with all the info you need.

Bob Crimmins
04-29-2014, 2:32 PM
Thanks for your help, Andrei. I'll reach out to him.