PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New Tool

David Less
06-24-2005, 12:11 PM
Hi all,
I'm a new member as of today, and also just ordered a new MM16 band saw. I'm excited and sad at the same time. Exited about my new tool and sad about the money I spent. My wife encouraged me to go for if, she says life is short, you can't take it $$$ with you.

Oh well, just thought I'd share this with you.

David

Chris Padilla
06-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Ah, David, welcome to the world of Italian ww'ing equipment! It is a long expenisve road but worth every penny! :)

I have a MM20 and an FS41-Elite J/P.... ;)

Ted Shrader
06-24-2005, 1:00 PM
David -

Welcome to the Creek. This is a great place to hanmg out and exchange ideas.

I always get a little bit of buyers remorse when any new tool is purchased. All the "what if" questions going through the head. However, with the MM16, you will have no regrets once it is in your shop. A great machine! Couldn't wait for mine to arrive.

Welcome,
Ted

Douglas Robinson
06-24-2005, 2:19 PM
David:

Welcome. Beware, SMC has picture police that refuse to believe a gloat unless there are pictures. Congrats on the saw. I agree with your wife. BTW she has a good attitude.

Doug

Ken Fitzgerald
06-25-2005, 12:19 AM
Welcome to the Creek David! Neat place to exchange info! BTW......no pics no gloat....thems the rules! ;) :rolleyes: :D

Michael Gibbons
06-25-2005, 12:33 AM
I bid you welcome,David. My grandfather once told me that if someone offers you money, TAKE IT!, and I'm happy to say you listened to him too!:p

scott spencer
06-25-2005, 6:17 AM
Welcome aboard David and congratulations on your "alleged" MM16 ;).

If there weren't already an MM16 within a couple of miles from me at a very friendly shop, I'd be bugging you to come and use yours! :D

Mike Cutler
06-25-2005, 7:33 AM
David. Welcome to Sawmill Creek. Nice gloat on the bandsaw. It's a nice machine. Oh yeah... keep listening to your wife's advice ;)

Jim Becker
06-25-2005, 10:24 AM
You will not be sad when you start cutting on your new MM16... ;) Trust me, I know from experience....no matter what the brand, when you buy a good quality tool, it's a pleasure to use.

And welcome to the Creek! The "spring thaw" must have broke this week as summer officially started 'cause folks are flocking to SMC! (Welcome to all!)