PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Windows 8.1 USB Poblem

Mark Maslonkowski
04-20-2014, 1:26 AM
I recently upgraded to a new PC with Windows 8.1. On my old laptop I used the network RJ45 to connect to my epilog helix laser. With the new PC I am trying to connect it using the USB, so that I can use the network connection for the internet. So I tried setting it up and had USB trouble issues, searched the web and discovered that I needed to disabled the signature retirement, to load the driver. So after some work I was able to disable the signature and added the driver, I restarted the PC and it worked, that is until I restarted again, and now I am back to USB trouble issues. The driver is there and I can run the dashboard but it won't send the file to the laser. When I look at the devices folder I see the laser but with that yellow yield shape.

Any help ell would be great.

Mark

Glen Monaghan
04-20-2014, 10:37 AM
A possible end-around solution is to leave your engraver on the ethernet port and add an inexpensive ethernet adapter or wireless adapter to the computer's USB port for your network connection. I originally used a USB-ethernet adapter that way when I switched from an old, old XP laptop (one RJ45 built-in and 2nd in card slot) to a cast-off Win7 all-in-one desktop that only had one RJ45 (no way to add a 2nd) and several USB ports, but my engraver's USB port is dead. In moving to my new location, it wasn't very convenient to run cable to that computer so I switched to a wireless USB adapter. If you expect to transfer large files frequently, you'll want to go with one of the newer high speed wireless setups but both wired and wireless USB adapter setups have worked well for me.

Chris J Anderson
04-21-2014, 9:05 PM
I just upgraded from xp to win8 on my mac (via vmWare Fusion).

I am connected via USB because my Ethernet card 'chucked a wobbly' about 2 months out of warranty, and its $1800 Aussie Dollars for a new card ????

After lots of attempts at installing the Epilog driver, I had to remove the standard win8 USB driver, and then was able to update to the epilog driver.
Since then it is fine.
(Sorry, I don't remember how I removed the standard USB driver)

It does take a few attempts to connect at times, (as it also did on xp), but once connected, its fine.

I don't get the yellow highlight at any time though, even when its being a bit stubborn connecting.

Hope maybe this helps you...

Cheers,
Chris