PDA

View Full Version : Table Saw Switch

Vince Shriver
04-19-2014, 10:44 PM
The switch on my old Rockwell 34-429 T/S is acting squirrely. I push in the on button and the saw come on, but doesn't stay on. As soon as I take my finger off the button the motor shuts down. In looking for a replacement switch, I don't seem to find exactly what I need. According to the plate on the motor it's a 1.5hp, 17amp (at 110v). Any help most appreciated. TIA.

Cary Falk
04-19-2014, 11:44 PM
If you are trying to find an exact replacement then a picturer would be helpful, otherwise Grizzly sells a ton of switches.

Ruperto Mendiones
04-19-2014, 11:59 PM
If you do not need to have an exact replacement, try McMaster.

Dave Zellers
04-20-2014, 12:22 AM
I replaced the switch on my old Rockwell/Delta contractors saw with this Grizzly switch.

Wish I'd done it long before- being able to hit the switch with my knee mid cut is a huge feature for me.

http://www.grizzly.com/products/110-220V-Paddle-On-Off-Switch/H8243

johnny means
04-20-2014, 12:32 AM
Did you bother to disassemble the switch? Often times WW machine switches just get filled with dust and stop working properly. I got a nice "broken" Delta 12" disc sander for free because no one in the shop ever bothered to take 2 minutes to clean out the switch. That was 10 years ago and the sander has never given me another problem.

James Hansen
04-20-2014, 1:15 AM
I had the same thing happen with my Unisaw, Does your saw have a magnetic switch that is in a large panel away from the switch on the front? If so, check the micro switch that is activated by the large magnetic switch. the micro switch should switch power on, to hold the magnetic switch in the on position. On mine, the micro switch was not being activated so as soon as you took your finger off the spring loaded on switch, the saw shut back off. I adjusted the micro switch and it worked perfect. If you think this is what you have, PM me and i can go into more detail.

Dan Hahr
04-20-2014, 10:58 AM
It's probably not this, but when mine did that, the OFF button was stuck in.
Dan