PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft specials?

John Miliunas
05-21-2003, 10:47 PM
I know Woodcraft has some special sales throughout the year and, as I recall, they do some 10% off anything in the store. I remember them having that back in Jan. or Feb. Two things: 1) Anybody know of they do it again later in the year. (If so, when?) 2) Do I remember correctly that it truly is on anything, including power tools?

Here's the reason: After researching, asking questions and getting some very helpful feedback, I'm thinking that my belt/disc sander may end up being the Jet, 6x48 belt/9"disc. It seems to be one of the heaviest built, comes w/stand, circle jig, miter gauge, etc...I've got the Jet 14" BS and am happy with it. I could skip shipping & tax at Amazon, but it doesn't show as available there currently. (Yeah, I know: I missed the 10% off on Jet equipment at Woodcraft, too!:( ) So it goes. FWIW, Grizz is still on my list for the big OSS, so I may end up with a really diverse little shop! :cool:

Jim Young
05-21-2003, 11:55 PM
John, Looks like you may have to wait till August. Woodcraft will give you 10% off on your birthday month. If I remember right, the power tools were not included. This info is based on my local store only.

My theory is it's not always worth the small save to have to wait. I thrive on immediate gratification.

John Miliunas
05-22-2003, 7:47 AM
Originally posted by Jim Young

My theory is it's not always worth the small save to have to wait. I thrive on immediate gratification.

Hey Jim, I think that maybe we took the same psychology course, 'cuz I'm with you on the "immediate gratification"! Seems that when I finally have enough $$ to get what I've been saving for, I don't care to wait much longer to make the acquisition!:D (In the meantime, I'll continue preaching "patience" to my kids!) :D Guess I'll have to go "talk" to my guys at the local Woodcraft. :cool:

John Leech
05-22-2003, 8:00 AM
Our local store (St. Louis, MO) is having a 10% sale this weekend. I plan on heading up there on Saturday with SWMBO. As I told her last night while discussing my birthday, "nothing says 'I love you' like a new skew chisel!"

John

John Miliunas
05-22-2003, 8:20 AM
Originally posted by John Leech
As I told her last night while discussing my birthday, "nothing says 'I love you' like a new skew chisel!"

John

Ha, ha. I tried that line with LOML. I got a shirt!:(

Ted Shrader
05-22-2003, 8:53 AM
Originally posted by Jim Young

and John said . . . Hey Jim, I think that maybe we took the same psychology course, 'cuz I'm with you on the "immediate gratification"!
John -

Go for it. Don't you need a little "retail therapy" anyway after the recent house ordeal? :D :D

Ted

John Miliunas
05-22-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Ted Shrader

John -

Go for it. Don't you need a little "retail therapy" anyway after the recent house ordeal? :D :D

Ted [/QUOTE]

Ted, I really, *REALLY* like the way you think!:D :cool:

Mac McAtee
05-22-2003, 10:36 AM
If it is of interest, I got a 15% discount from Rockler for using the on line ordering system. You might look into that it is supposed to run unitl something like 8Jun. Not on tools though.

Ken DeMarco
05-22-2003, 11:03 AM
John,
The 10% off sale at Woodcraft was in Jan. and did include power tools. I don't know when they will do it again though.
Ken

Gary Bindel
05-22-2003, 1:42 PM
Have you tried going to your local woodcraft with cash in hand and naming a price to see if they are willing to deal. They may be willing and you don't know if you don't try. The reason I specified cash is that will save them the 2-3% credit card fees which gives them some additional bargaining room. Also, it might be worth it to them for a guaranteed sale.

John Miliunas
05-22-2003, 1:45 PM
Gary, cash is a good thing! I may just go ahead and give that a shot, especailly seeing as to how I know most of the guys in there. I DO know that markup on major equipment there is pretty minimal, so I don't know how much "play" they have to offer up. Worth a try....:cool:

Roger Fitzsimonds
05-22-2003, 1:46 PM
John,

Have you checked prices with Industrial Supply in Nashville. I bought a 6" jet gold jointer a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. They are friendly to work with also.

Good luck in your tool quest

Roger

John Miliunas
05-22-2003, 2:00 PM
Originally posted by Roger Fitzsimonds
John,

Have you checked prices with Industrial Supply in Nashville. I bought a 6" jet gold jointer a couple of months ago and am very happy with it. They are friendly to work with also.

Good luck in your tool quest

Roger

Roger, yeah I did check at GIS, but all they have is the "big brother" (12" disc) to the one I'm looking at. I kind of figure if I have need down the road for a 12" disc, there are stand-alone units cheap enough. :cool:

Robert Goodwin
05-22-2003, 4:18 PM
Ours here in Phoenix has adds in the paper almost every week for 10-25% off. The small print says no Power Tools, Incra, Festool, Lie Nielson and a couple of others I don't recall. Also, they seem to be moving the emphasis from wookworking to craft related items.

Rob