PDA

View Full Version : Rubber Stamps

greg lindsey
04-19-2014, 1:57 PM
I am not really into making rubber stamps, but I have a good customer who needs one. Question is.. is there a rule of thumb for making stamps (settings) using Laserbits material. Nothing fancy just a few lines of text for safety tags (paper) . Like the shoulder setting, widening setting. I also noticed a classic UI check box (don't know what thats for) and a fence ck box. Lastly, could you recommend any starting settings for power and speed using a 60 watt laser. This would be done through Coreldraw x6 driver.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is great appreciated.

Greg

Mike Null
04-19-2014, 3:25 PM
Greg

that info should be in one of your epilog manuals. I have only made a couple for personal use but I believe you must invert your drawing.

Andrew Holloway
04-20-2014, 3:50 AM
I have made quite a few on my Full Spectrum 5th Gen 40W. I use power 100%, speed 8%, 1000 DPI and get great results.

Bill Cunningham
04-21-2014, 11:05 PM
The epilog driver has a stamp setting. You only have to put a double fence around the area (one to define the engraved area, the other to define the cut line). You only have to flip it before engraving.

Robert Tepper
04-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Hello, I make rubber stamps daily. I do my artwork in X6 and then save it as a pdf. I have a Trotec 80 watt laser and I usually engrave them at 100% power, 60% speed and I usually make two cuts.

Leave yourself adequate room to trim with a sharp scissors. I use red low odor rubber that I purchase from Milenium Marking. If your other source will sell you one sheet then that may be your best resource. I purchase in packs of 10 at a time. Be sure your exhaust is on. I hold the rubber in place with magnets if you have a steel table. This way you can remove the rubber and scrub it with a soft brush such as a tooth brush. This works well if you have a 90 degree set of bars to hold the rubber in place.

Good luck, it really is quite simple. I hope my babbling has helped.

Robert

Henri Sallinen
04-22-2014, 2:39 AM
Ive found that adding a bit of hand washing soap to the cleaning process removes the stamp material debree even better than water. Just have a tooth brush at hand, add a bit of water and squirt some liquid handsoap and scrub away.

I give the laser process two runs also. To get a good impression, I also add some soft foam (1,5mm thick) between the rubber and the handle.

Henri