PDA

View Full Version : The nerve!!!

John Miliunas
06-24-2005, 10:56 AM
So, there I was, just trying to get some sleep. Long about 1:30 the phone rings and just that quick, I go from trying to cut some zzzz's to being wide awake! :mad: Mind you, since the surgery last week, it's been a real bear trying to get a good night's sleep. But no-o-o-o-o-o-o-o...My oldest decides that it's time to get the old man up and let him know he's a Grandpa!!!:D I've always told her she's a pain in the butt and, true to form, she doesn't even have the decency to wait until a decent hour to pop! I tell 'ya...That kid's got it in for me!:D

So, into this crazy World of ours, comes Madison (Madison Jean, probably...). All 8lbs, 3oz. and 20 inches "tall"!:D Mom and daughter are doing well. Grandpa is somewhere out on Cloud 9!!!:) The saddest part is, we're 1500 miles away from them! Pics as soon as I get some! Thanks for letting me share....:D :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
John.......I'm sure this is one of the happiest whines you've ever made! Congrats! BTW how's the recovery coming along?

John Miliunas
06-24-2005, 11:02 AM
John.......I'm sure this is one of the happiest whines you've ever made! Congrats! BTW how's the recovery coming along?

No doubt! Could someone please pass the cheese and crackers to go with the wine?:D

I'm recovering. Hard cast went on yesterday. Still sore, but getting there!:) :cool:

Charles McKinley
06-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Those darned kids!!!

Now she will be getting hers for all those sleepless nights she gave you.

That is a great gloat disguised as a gripe Grandpa. I'm glad to hear that you are healing well.

Ted Shrader
06-24-2005, 11:29 AM
John -

Congratulations! Nothing better than a Grandchild. You can play with them, teach them all kinds of bad stuff and then (this is the best part) - give them back to the parents.

Congratulations again!
Ted

Bob Hovde
06-24-2005, 12:45 PM
Congratulations! Grandkids are great!

Bob

Lee Schierer
06-24-2005, 1:10 PM
Grand kids are great. We've had a ball with ours. In fact the oldest one will start a week of Gramma camp on Sunday. Grandpa gets to take her fishing and for rides in the boat. I know its tough, but someon has to do it. :D

Jeff Sudmeier
06-24-2005, 1:16 PM
Sure John!!! Don't even tell me on the phone when we talked :) I know I know I slacked off and didn't see the post :)

Congrats, I know you have been looking forward to it! Let LOML and your daughter know my congrats as well!

Roger Fitzsimonds
06-24-2005, 1:49 PM
Congratulations John,

Grand kids are great. You can give them cookies for breakfast even when mom said no. I still catch it for that one. So now its potato chips. Grand kids are the payment for raising you children. now they see what it is like and they have as many instructions as we did to start with.

Have fun spoiling them.

Roger

Jim Becker
06-24-2005, 2:12 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

Larry D. Wagner
06-24-2005, 2:26 PM
:D Congratulations John! :D I've got ten of them and each one has been a joy. The really neat thing though, is that you can spoil them all you want and then send them back to mom & dad for payback.

Larry :) :) :)

Karl Laustrup
06-24-2005, 2:29 PM
Sheesh!!!! Here I've been holding off calling you when I get up at 3 AM. ;)

Figured you might be sleeping or some other foolish thing. :eek: :D

Now I know who to call during those lonely wee hours of the morning. :D :D

Anyway, congrats on being a grandpa. It's a lot more fun, but it seems to cost just as much, if not more, than when you raised your own kids.

Dick Parr
06-24-2005, 2:54 PM
A Great Big Congratulations John!!!! ;) :D

Martin Shupe
06-24-2005, 4:01 PM
Wow, John, I never realized you were that old! :D Congratulations!

John Shuk
06-24-2005, 5:01 PM
Congrats John! I'm sure you'll be a great grandpa!

Jonathan Szczepanski
06-24-2005, 9:04 PM
Congratulations John!

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
06-24-2005, 9:52 PM
Let the good times roll, John. There goes some of your woodworking time.

John Hart
06-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Great wakeup call John!! Congratulations! Looking forward to the picture of the baby asleep on a sleeping grandpa...Looks like you'll have to take a trip.

Chris Padilla
06-24-2005, 10:50 PM
Sweet! Big Congras, Mr. Miliunas!

But why post it here instead of OT?? You must be sleepy still and delerious with excitement! hahaha

Steve Ash
06-24-2005, 10:56 PM
Congratulations John....now you just need to find Green Bay Packers pajamas!

Bruce Page
06-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Congrats John!
The precious little jewel that I built the cradle for awhile back turns 2 tomorrow! :eek: They grow up quick so get/take lots of pictures!

Dan Forman
06-25-2005, 4:50 AM
John---Congratulations on the new addition to the (extended) family. Hope you get to meet her soon.

Dan

Joe Mioux
06-25-2005, 5:48 AM
Congratulations John on the new arrival.

Joe

Ron McNeil
06-25-2005, 7:42 AM
Congratulations Grandpa, What a great wine uh I mean gloat. Also, I'm glad to hear your recovering from the operation ok.

Rich Konopka
06-25-2005, 8:57 AM
Congratulations John !!! Glad to hear that your recovery is progressing well.

John Miliunas
06-25-2005, 9:11 AM
Congratulations John....now you just need to find Green Bay Packers pajamas!

Thanks Steve! The PJ's are already boxed up and ready to ship!!!:D LOML scored a bunch of nice baby clothes at a garage sale yesterday morning and, among other cutsie items, the above said GB jammies were part of the loot!:D :cool:

John Miliunas
06-25-2005, 9:15 AM
Thanks to all for the great responses!:) I don't believe I can swing heading down there real soon, but I am in the process of getting tickets for LOML and our youngest to go visit soon. In the meantime, I'm shopping for a nice camcorder and already bought a DVD burner, so that she can send home movies back to us up here in Packerland.:) I'll probably end up going down a bit later in the year, probably for an extended weekend or something like that. (Any Creekers near Ft. Myers, FL????:) ) Thanks again to all!:D :cool:

Jerry Olexa
06-29-2005, 11:19 PM
John, Sorry I missed this post.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! This certainly is an exciting time in your neck of the woods in Cheesehead country. And to add, BRET is back:D :) Now HEAL and get better!!

John Miliunas
06-29-2005, 11:40 PM
John, Sorry I missed this post.... CONGRATULATIONS!!! This certainly is an exciting time in your neck of the woods in Cheesehead country. And to add, BRET is back:D :) Now HEAL and get better!!

Thanks, Jerry! Yes, it certainly has been exciting.:) Mother and baby are doing fine and just today, we sent off the big package with new camcorder, DV tapes and blank DVD's, so I'm hoping we'll get to see them all real soon!:) :cool:

Norman Hitt
06-29-2005, 11:57 PM
Thanks to all for the great responses!:) I don't believe I can swing heading down there real soon, but I am in the process of getting tickets for LOML and our youngest to go visit soon. In the meantime, I'm shopping for a nice camcorder and already bought a DVD burner, so that she can send home movies back to us up here in Packerland.:) I'll probably end up going down a bit later in the year, probably for an extended weekend or something like that. (Any Creekers near Ft. Myers, FL????:) ) Thanks again to all!:D :cool:

Congratulations, John. I sure hope you can get to see your new Grand daughter sooner than I did my first Daughter when she was born. The LOML was in Texas, and I was next to the last Island out on the Aleutian Chain, (Shemya Island), and she was 5 1/2 months old when I first saw her. Within a year I made up for lost time though and she became a real Daddy's Girl, (and still is today...44 yrs later) so I'm sure you'll get your "Licks In" when you get fully recovered. :D :D

PS: That "Spoiling 'em and then taking them back home when they get so rotten NO ONE can stand them is a "God Given Rite" reserved ONLY for Grand Parents and it's called "Controlled Exposure". It's also your Big Chance to initiate a little "PAYBACK" to your kids for their Raisin'. ;) :)

Glad your Recovery is going well.

John Weber
06-30-2005, 1:09 AM
Congrats Buddy!

I hope all is well and all the best.

Take Care - John

Dennis Peacock
06-30-2005, 1:18 AM
Congratulations John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Morton
06-30-2005, 6:56 AM
I missed the post too Grampa..congratulations!!!!
whatever you do don't spoil her!!!:D:D:D

Tony Falotico
06-30-2005, 7:09 AM
Congratulations John, Grands are great........ glad to hear you are doing well. :) :)

larry merlau
06-30-2005, 8:11 AM
Congratulations John! i didnt realize you were so old i figured it was just that you had been rode hard and put away wet :D hope your son in law is agood one.