PDA

View Full Version : Off topic deal

Rick Potter
04-18-2014, 7:57 PM
I use breathe rite strips each nite. The last box I bought at Costco had 44 strips, and cost $13 or $14, and worth it. Today I bought 52 boxes of 14 strips at $1 each at the 99 cent only store.

Using my fuzzy math, that equates to 728 strips for $52. That equals 16.5 boxes of 44 each at Costco for a total of $214. That means I saved $162 for a two year supply.

The most unusual thing was that they were identical, not outdated, strips.....Breath Right Extra.

That more than paid for that brushless PC ROS I recently bought.

Rick Potter

PS: They told me that not all stores have the same inventory, and they don't get them regularly. You just have to get lucky. They also said they expect more next week.

Michael Mahan
04-19-2014, 1:14 AM
somethings at Costco are Not great deals , learned that a long time ago .
I find the drug store type items @ Costco are not that great of a price .
last time I was in Dollar Tree I bought a huge number of zip lock type containers ( use them in the greenhouse for seedlings )
the clerk said I could order online & have them shipped to the store free shipping if I need a bunch of them again
but I haven't needed to do that yet

Garth Sheane
04-19-2014, 12:18 PM
Rick, I am a nose strip user, too. Up here in Canada, we pay through the nose for most things (was that a pun??). My wife buys these things at Costco and that seems to be the best deal most of the time. The 99 cent store deal you got I can only dream of. Sometimes I think about the 50 cents that each of these things cost, and what I used to get for 50 cents. Kinda brings a tear to my eye. Still, they do help a lot. I've been using them for 10 years.