PDA

View Full Version : Ogee Bowl- Campbell School w/ "Prof." Keeton

Bruce Lundgren
04-18-2014, 3:00 PM
I meant to post a pic of the ogee bowl that was one of two (the other one was a hollow-form I posted before) projects we learned with Johm Keeton at Campbell School In March.
This is cherry 8" X 3 1/2" and is the first ogee shape I've done. It was fun and was a great experience. If you have a chance to take a course with John you'll really enjoy it!!

Bruce Lundgren
04-18-2014, 8:06 PM
After posting the pic of the profile I noticed that the pic angle made the rim look like it dropped severely. A straight-on view looks better. We had a choice of the rim style in class. I think next time I try the ogee shape perhaps just a simple rounded rim would be a better choice so the emphasis is on the bowl shape vs rim. What do you think?

charlie knighton
04-18-2014, 8:10 PM
very nice.....pay attention to what John tells ya

Thomas Canfield
04-18-2014, 10:01 PM
I see a lot of quality work in the piece, but the rim does not work for me. The wood also looks a lot like the Bradford Pear down this way, but cherry does have so many variations in color and grain. John must have given you some good instructions.

Bruce Lundgren
04-19-2014, 7:30 AM
Good advice Charlie and thanks.

I need to work on pic quality and composition and lighting.

Thanks for the comments Tom. At the class John brought several bowls that he did ...several of which had a flat vs my sloped rim but with a colored band embellishment that really made for a nice effect.