PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

Sheldon DeCosse
04-15-2014, 9:54 PM
Hello all! Glad to find you and all your projects. New laser owner, Universal 60 watt 32x18. Been running sweet. I do have a technical question. I Have a few pelican cases to cut eva foam tool cut outs and wonder if anyone has any tricks to take the picture of tool lay out, create contours around a jpg or bit map. I Have tried scans, photos, corel draw x6 trace which hasn't worked out at all. At the moment, I take a pic with a canadian Loonie, so say 91 cents Usa Bucks, for scale, bring into my cad software and trace around each tool old school to create my cut lines. Its rather labor intensive! Someone must have a trick or 2 you are willing to share?

Best

Sheldon

Dan Hintz
04-15-2014, 10:53 PM
Scans are great, actually. Change the image to a 1-bit black and white, then do a simple auto contour. Once you have a scan, the contour process should take no more than a few minutes.

Sheldon DeCosse
04-15-2014, 11:48 PM
Scans are great, actually. Change the image to a 1-bit black and white, then do a simple auto contour. Once you have a scan, the contour process should take no more than a few minutes.

Thanks I will try mods on the scanner. can you please clarify "auto Contour" sounds handy
Sheldon

Mike Null
04-16-2014, 7:29 AM
I'm not sure which software Dan is referring to but I would use quick trace in Corel. At most you shouldn't have to spend more than a couple of minutes tweaking it.

Dan Hintz
04-16-2014, 12:05 PM
can you please clarify "auto Contour" sounds handy

I would use quick trace in Corel.

This ^^^, though feel free to use whatever software gives you the best trace (I like Inkscape's algorithm).