PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Helix

Jason Matey
04-15-2014, 7:50 PM
We have an Epilog Helix laser at our school and we are currently having power issues. With the cover open, the machine functions perfectly, obviously without the laser doing its work. As soon as you close the lid and run a file, the screen shows "x/y axis disabled" and will not laser. We have taken the following corrective action:
-wired in a dedicated 20amp circuit to ensure steady power
-changed the power supplies

After doing these things, we are having the same issue.

My teacher has done other cleaning to it, but we were directed to now change the laser tube and that is a 2000CDN hit. He unplugged the laser tube today so no power is going to the laser. The machine ran fine with the cover open, but when he closed it, it gave the same error? I am trying to avoid big dollars if I can.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any help. Jason

Mike Chance in Iowa
04-15-2014, 7:54 PM
Welcome to the forum Jason. If you do a forum search on x/y disabled, you will find quite a few posts about how to resolve the problem.

Mike Null
04-16-2014, 7:22 AM
A quick and easy check would be to make sure the interlocks are all enabled when the lid is closed.

That shouldn't cause the message your getting but.......

Jason Matey
04-17-2014, 12:05 AM
I have read through the posts and nothing seems to match. The motors run fine and they do not heat up at all. Epilog is having us send in the motherboard and they are sending us out a new one. I guess we will see. Jason

Jason Matey
04-20-2014, 10:15 AM
Picked up the motherboard and 2 switches last night and we will try them Monday. Epilog has been very good to work with during all this.