PDA

View Full Version : Quality Black Metal Lasers Gold

John Frazee
04-15-2014, 9:28 AM
We have always had trouble with the black sheet stock edges chipping after shearing. We have tried Victory and it did the same thing. Sometimes I laser a wide border and then cut within the border so as not to have the black chipping. Any suggestions on which metal is best? Thanks!

Mark Sipes
04-15-2014, 10:36 AM
I can only assume you are using a metal shear and not a plastic shear..... and that shear is sharp.

Wes Mitchell
04-15-2014, 12:07 PM
Which type of metal are you using? Brass, aluminum, or steel? I've noticed that problem before on the black coated steel, but I haven't seen the issue with the aluminum or the brass.

John Frazee
04-15-2014, 1:47 PM
I replaced the blades on my metal shear. It seems like the aluminum that engraves gold may have been the best so far. I think when I ordered the Victory metal from Marco, they messed up and sent some generic stuff. I am about to start a big plaque order and wanted to get the best I could.

Ross Moshinsky
04-15-2014, 2:00 PM
As far as I know Victory doesn't sell sheet stock only designer plates. We engrave black steel all the time. No issues with it. We're contemplating switching to aluminum in the near future. I do think the black steel looks marginally nicer (the gold is more golden) but there are advantages to aluminum.

As far as what is better, I think Laser It is better than USP (I believe that's what they call themselves). The finish of the material is typically better and it's more likely to get to me unscratched. You can get it from PDU, JDS, or Marco at this point.