PDA

View Full Version : Show me your shoe cabinets

Frank Martin
04-15-2014, 2:53 AM
I am planning to build a shoe cabinet. I had made one that is fairly low and doubles as a bench, but need one with more storage. I am thinking about something about 35 in high and about 60 in wide with sliding doors and non-show glass panels. Inside with adjustable shelves. However, I am looking to see if there are some learnings I can incorporate from the collective wisdom here. Our style is contemporary / shaker. So, would love to see what you all have come up with.

James Watson
04-15-2014, 11:37 PM
This is what I came up with for our closet. It's not enclosed, but it seemed like a good idea to allow for as much air flow as I could. :-)

It's made of red oak & walnut, and assembled with dominoes. It's roughly 3 ft wide and 4 ft high.

287360 287361 287362

Frank Martin
04-16-2014, 3:54 PM
James, very nice storage solution. The ventilation point gives me an idea about looking into a screen like material for the panels of the doors as mine will be a standalone unit at the entry of our house.

Any others who want to share?

Aaron Berk
04-23-2014, 9:08 PM
I wanted to make one as well, I was thinking about using tin for the panels in the doors, and punching patterns like a pie safe.

My idea....... :)