PDA

View Full Version : bedroom slippers

charlie knighton
04-14-2014, 6:52 PM
tried to buy bedroom slippers today

went to big box store......they wanted $12......poorly made and looking

went to discount shoe store.....they did not carry bedroom slippers referred me to retailer in same mall

went to the mall upscale store.....one pair similar to what I have worn out regular $59 sale $29........another selection no regular price on sale for $24

is this what nafta has brought us.......all products out of sight $$$$$ and poorly made

went home got the duck tape out..... I guess ebay next

Brian Elfert
04-14-2014, 9:59 PM
NAFTA only affects goods made in Canada or Mexico. I bet those slippers were made in China, Vietnam, or some other country like that. The problem is US. Everybody wants cheap prices so we get junk that won't last. How many people would buy slippers made in the USA if they cost say $59?

I bought a Made in the USA (USA materials too according to tag) bath rug at Walmart of all places the other night. Price was $15 instead of $10, but I liked the USA made one better anyhow.

greg lindsey
04-14-2014, 10:34 PM
USAHappy Feet dot com, Ok I admit they have some really silly styles available, but some of the most comfortable slippers I've ever had. Made in the U.S.A. most are around $25-$29.. You asked, kinda.