PDA

View Full Version : In Praise of the Out Feed Table

Brian Tax
04-14-2014, 1:57 PM
For a long time I had a contractor saw and not much space. Knowing that someday I would have more space and upgrade to a cabinet saw, I put off building out feed table (10 years). I finally upgraded to a cabinet saw, and built an out feed table (similar to the wood whisperer design). I never realized how much nicer, and safer it is to have the out feed table, should have done it a long time ago! So happy!

Brett Luna
04-14-2014, 2:47 PM
A timely post. I recently bought my first TS (a la contractor) and I was thinking that'll be my first shop project...other than the DIY work I'm in the middle of.

Justin Ludwig
04-14-2014, 4:08 PM
I can't work on a TS without an outfeed table (for what I do). Congrats on the upgrade. Enjoy.

Ken Fitzgerald
04-14-2014, 4:32 PM
I have the plans for an outfeed table and as soon as I finish my current project, it is next.

My wife wants new cabinets built for the kitchen. 10 years ago I could handle 3/4" plywood all day long. Time has passed and so has my ability to do that.

George Bokros
04-14-2014, 4:44 PM
I just built an out feed table for my 1975 vintage C-man contractor saw. I too do not know how I did without one.

I made mine 48" wide and 24" deep. It is detachable so I can move the saw if needed and if I need to get to the motor or empty the saw dust from the base.

George

Shannon Brantley
04-14-2014, 6:21 PM
I had an extra stainless steel table (owned a restaurant) that in a moment of need became my outfeed table. 72x30", light, easy to move and the adjustable feet put it to the perfect height to my Unisaw. Also makes a great glue-up station. Dried glue comes right off.

Joe O'Connor
04-15-2014, 11:46 AM
A table saw without an out feed table is as bad as a dining room without a dining table!