PDA

View Full Version : Total Eclipse of the Moon

Jim Koepke
04-13-2014, 1:41 AM
Late Monday early Tuesday.

Check local listings for full information.

First of Four in a one year period. Not a common phenomena.

jtk

Wade Lippman
04-13-2014, 2:19 PM
Every seen one? The moon gets darker; very exciting.

mike holden
04-14-2014, 11:43 AM
stargazersonline.org
Will be showing a live feed of the eclipse, so even if you are clouded out, you will be able to see it online.
Mike

Jim Rimmer
04-14-2014, 1:21 PM
It is my understanding that it will be what they call a "blood moon" in that it turns a deep red at some point due to reflected light from earth. Don't ask me to explain; just repeating part of a news story I heard. :)

Pat Barry
04-14-2014, 2:22 PM
Why do phenomena such as this seemingly always have to be seen as the 'end of the world' to some? Its like these people are still living in the old testament.

For example, according to USA Today (today by the way) http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/14/blood-moon-lunar-eclipse-john-hagee-end-of-world/7694331/

".... best-selling author and Texas televangelist pastor John Hagee sees the four blood moons as evidence of a future "world-shaking event," possibly the beginning of the end of the world.

The controversial 73-year-old founder of Texas' Cornerstone Church says he has been preparing for the tetrad for years. The preparation includes a book — Blood Moons: Something is About to Change and an online TV special Tuesday.

"What is the prophetic significance (of the four blood moons)? Is this the end of the age?" Hagee asked his congregation during a sermon shortly after his book was released, Christianity Today reports.

He cites Acts 2:19-20 as a sign: "And I will show wonders in Heaven above and signs in the Earth beneath, the sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.""

Myk Rian
04-14-2014, 3:54 PM
And the world will end on Jan. 1, 2000
Final cleanup on Dec. 12, 2012

David Weaver
04-14-2014, 4:05 PM
Why do phenomena such as this seemingly always have to be seen as the 'end of the world' to some?

It's just a way for people to get in the news and generate money by getting visibility.

John Coloccia
04-14-2014, 5:09 PM
".... best-selling author and Texas televangelist pastor John Hagee sees the four blood moons as evidence of a future "world-shaking event," possibly the beginning of the end of the world.

It's evidence that physics still works.

Chris Padilla
04-14-2014, 5:25 PM
Science works...even if you don't believe in it.