PDA

View Full Version : 20mm saw arbor, adapter, sources

Roderick Gentry
04-13-2014, 12:36 AM
I have an Inca 10 inch, and just sold a second to someone else. I was wondering whether anyone has tried adaptors in 1" bore saw, like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-x-20-mm-Reducer-Bushing-Diamond-Blade-Concrete-Saw-/140887027243

There could be some risk of their coming out, as If the discs in the nut stack are concave. Maybe epoxy would work.

For 8"-10", and metric equivalents, who supplies the blades drilled 20mm. I am just boring them on my lathe as I need them, but I imagine I will get questions about this from time to time. Forrest makes a blade with 20mm bore, but the hassle with the old Inca 10" is that it really needs two blade sizes to be workable.

Rick Lizek
04-13-2014, 6:57 AM
Been using arbor bushings for 40 years. Freud, Amana, etc make them. Typically we bore out the dado sets to 1" and with the bushing we can use them on 5/8" arbors. There's serrations on the outer perimeter to keep them in place. No need for epoxy.

Walter Plummer
04-13-2014, 8:09 AM
We also use bushings in some of our larger blades with no problems. Our saw sharpening service also will custom bore the blades if you buy from him.

Lee Schierer
04-13-2014, 8:55 AM
There could be some risk of their coming out, as If the discs in the nut stack are concave. Maybe epoxy would work.

LOctite retaining compund will hold your sleeves in the bores much better than epoxy. The make several types depending upon the materials and amount of clearance or interference in the fit.

Evan Patton
04-13-2014, 11:57 AM
+1 on using bushings. I can't remember the brand, but I used one successfully for many years on my old Davis and Wells table saw. No adhesive was needed.

Roderick Gentry
04-14-2014, 3:28 AM
Thanks all, helps to know.

Peter Quinn
04-14-2014, 6:50 AM
Try these. http://www.amanatool.com/circular-saw-blades/saw-reducing-bushing-bu_100.html

made for cutting arbors, made of steel, not coming out.

Rod Sheridan
04-14-2014, 9:19 AM
Hi Roderick, not often I converse with someone with the same given name.

Any saw supplier will bore blades to any diameter you require.

I have mine done by FS Tools.....................Rod.