PDA

View Full Version : NeedHelp with Illustrator and Corel Issue

Wayne Grecco
04-12-2014, 11:36 AM
To all,

I use Corel X5 and X6 for all my graphic needs. I have NEVER used Adobe illustrator or Photoshop and know absolutely nothing about either of those programs. So here is my dilemma....

I have purchased some graphics from one of the graphic websites and the images come in EPS format. Most of the images I get I have no problems importing into Corel and they come in just fine. But there have been a few that when I import the EPS file into Corel, the image is missing colors, parts of the design or a combination of both.

I contacted the graphics website and they converted a couple of the problem images for me as a 1 time courtesy to AI files. When I imported the AI files that they converted, they came in with no problems! But I have since downloaded several more images from their site that is giving me problems.

I went to ADOBE website and downloaded the trial version of Illustrator to see if I could convert the images myself but I cant get it to work properly and I do not know what I am doing wrong. I was hoping someone on this wonderful forum can tell me how to do it properly.

I have attached a photo of what the image was supposed to look like and then what the image looks like when I save it in AI format and import into Corel.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks!
Wayne287065287066

Doug Griffith
04-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Try importing the file as a .PS or actually changing the extension to ".PS". Worth a try.

Scott Shepherd
04-12-2014, 1:22 PM
Looks to me like "overprint" is turned on or off, but that's just a guess.

Larry Bratton
04-12-2014, 3:17 PM
I don't know if the trial version will save as a PDF, if so, try that. I was having difficulty importing AI files that I had made with AI CC. I discovered that by saving as a PDF (a version compatible to my X4 version of Corel) my problems were solved.