PDA

View Full Version : Trouble starting LaserCut 5.3

Robert Gauntt
04-11-2014, 5:30 PM
Problem has been resolved I would like to thank everyone for their help. :)
Bob

Bill George
04-11-2014, 5:50 PM
New machine? My guess... its either asking to be connected to the machine to verify you own one before you can use the software OR your machine came with a little white USB dongle that the software wants to see plugged into your computer before it loads the software.

Keith Cox
04-11-2014, 6:09 PM
Every time I click on laser cut icon a window pops up saying install softdog and restart software. Can anyone please tell me what its referring to.
I appreciate any help. Thank you!
Bob

It needs the usb dongle or your usb cable is not connected

Robert Gauntt
04-11-2014, 6:28 PM
Hi Bill, its a used machine and the USB dongle was in the computer. Do you have any idea's what I can do.

Robert Gauntt
04-11-2014, 6:30 PM
Hi Keith, I had the USB cable connected to the computer and machine as well as the USB dongle.

Bill George
04-11-2014, 6:48 PM
Hi Bill, its a used machine and the USB dongle was in the computer. Do you have any idea's what I can do.

Contact the previous owner and see what he says and then the manufacturer . It would help to know the brand and model number of the machine for people on here who might have one just like yours.

Roy Nielsen
04-11-2014, 8:21 PM
Robert,

I believe there is a separate driver for the SoftDog and there may even be a specific order to install it. Initial setup on a LaserCut-driven system is definitely a pain. If you're still having problems, I should have more info by the end of the weekend as I've upgraded my shop computer to Win 7 and hope to install Corel Draw and the LaserCut software this weekend (and I WILL be taking good notes this time!!!).

Robert Gauntt
04-12-2014, 1:36 AM
Contact the previous owner and see what he says and then the manufacturer . It would help to know the brand and model number of the machine for people on here who might have one just like yours.

Hi Bill, I got it to work I kept playing with the dongle and it works. Now I'm not sure if I should take it out or just leave it in. If I take it out it might not work again. I wonder if you could just buy a dongle for laser cut 5.3 just for a backup. I appreciate your help in the matter as well as everyone else for their help.

Robert Gauntt
04-12-2014, 1:43 AM
Hi Roy,
As I just told Bill after me putting it in and out a hundred times it finally worked. Wondering if you could buy just a dongle just for a backup and what it would cost. Good luck with your installs I hope everything goes smoothly. Thanks for the reply I appreciate it.