PDA

View Full Version : You Gotta Love This...

Julie Moriarty
04-10-2014, 4:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTd3ZsvqDiQ

Bruce Page
04-10-2014, 4:41 PM
Yes indeed! Stuff like this renews my faith in the younger generation.

Julie Moriarty
04-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Yes indeed! Stuff like this renews my faith in the younger generation.

I saw a piece, I think on 60 Minutes, that featured a group that was going into the ghettos in Brazil and taking guns out of the kids hands and putting instruments in them. The kids got pretty good and started touring. Even the gang leaders were proud of them and issued a hands off order to their gangs. When I saw this, my first thought was this was some of those kids and found myself getting very emotional. Say no to guns. Say yes to music. :)

Mel Fulks
04-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Indeed a good thing. Let's just hope no one goes on line and gets info on turning a trumpet into a blunderbuss ...

Bruce Page
04-11-2014, 12:27 PM
I saw a piece, I think on 60 Minutes, that featured a group that was going into the ghettos in Brazil and taking guns out of the kids hands and putting instruments in them. The kids got pretty good and started touring. Even the gang leaders were proud of them and issued a hands off order to their gangs. When I saw this, my first thought was this was some of those kids and found myself getting very emotional. Say no to guns. Say yes to music. :)

I saw that on 60 Minutes too. A life changer for many of the kids.

Shawn Pixley
04-11-2014, 9:24 PM
This is great! Personally, I'm not too fond of Bolero, but the flash mob concept was inspired. I am a sponsor for the Landfillharmonic in Paraguay. They create musical instruments from refuse. It is quite inspiring to see what people are capable of in incredibly adverse situations.

When my son was in High School, he was in the marching band. The effort that the kids put into it was remarkable. It also kept them from straying into less desirable behaviors. It took a fair bit of our time to shuttle him to games and competitions over the state. I never knew there were marching band competitions! Me, I was an orchestra geek.

Edward Mitton
07-17-2014, 4:01 PM
This is great... Loved it when they brought in the heavy artillery percussion at the end!!

I saw a similar video a while back that had a church choir performing an inspirational song at a shopping mall. It started out with one person singing acapella (to a lot of funny stares by passes-by). One by one, other choir members (seemingly random shoppers), began joining in until they had a full-on group going. It was very cool!