PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Festool Repair service

John Dorough
04-10-2014, 1:22 PM
Dropped my Domino from five feet onto concrete. Bad noise and alignment problems. Sent to Festool Repair at the end of last week. Festool emailed me to confirm it was received on Monday. Wednesday, got a call from Festool; work done, one part replaced, bill is $88.90 including return shipping. Later on Wednesday, UPS tracking number emailed to me. Scheduled for delivery next Monday . . . one week to the day from when Domino was received by Festool.

There are many reasons I like Festool. Festool Repair is now added to that list. This company is simply superb.

Sam Beagle
04-10-2014, 2:59 PM
I am an absolute festool junkie, there service is unlike anything ever. Literally have your tool back in a week or less.

John Piwaron
04-10-2014, 3:03 PM
Good repair experience also. Mine was a warranty repair on a dust extractor. 1 week. That's it. :)

Benjamin Miller
04-10-2014, 4:11 PM
Given the outrageously high price premium associated to Festool equipment, shouldn't fast repairs be expected? I mean, if you own a Ferrari, you expect better service than if you own a Chevy.

John Piwaron
04-10-2014, 5:28 PM
Given the outrageously high price premium associated to Festool equipment, shouldn't fast repairs be expected? I mean, if you own a Ferrari, you expect better service than if you own a Chevy.

Love the Festool/Ferrari comparison. :)

However, I once read in one of the car magazines long ago that cars like the ones Ferrari makes actually spend a lot of time in a repair facility. If true, I want the Ferrari/Festool link to be about performance, not frequency of repairs. :)