PDA

View Full Version : One more for the club

Robert Ziegler
06-23-2005, 1:53 PM
Greetings all.
I joined back in January I think, but never posted. Found myself in another forum for a while, but, like a bunch of folks, I have recently migrated here. I decided to climb out from under my sawdust pile, brush myself off, and introduce myself.
Been a hobbyist for a long time, but just got serious about it a few years ago. Sold a couple of pieces - a keepsake box and a cutting board. Built some furniture for the wife and the grandkids, and would rather be in the shop than at work. But, I am not that good that I can expect to pay the bills with my WW habit. Sooo, I work some so I can WW more.
My biggest project has been a hutch made out of recycled pine from a 100 year old house. Turned out pretty nicely. Best work has been the changing station for my newest grandchild - finally a girl (3-1).
So, I am here at the Creek and look forward to learning and participating and talking shop.
Call me Bob, call me ZMan, call me anything you want - just don't call me late for dinner.
I will downsize some of my pics and learn how to upload them.

"Life is fun if you can get out of your own way." Me.

Ken Fitzgerald
06-23-2005, 1:59 PM
Welcome to the Creek Bob! Wade in the waters fine!

Jeff Sudmeier
06-23-2005, 1:59 PM
Rob,

Welcome to the creek! Thanks for joining and posting. All of these new members lately is really great! It is nice to keep the forum fresh :)

Looking forward to your pics!

Jason Tuinstra
06-23-2005, 3:47 PM
Welcome! Now, let's try and stay here this time. :D :p :)

Dan Forman
06-23-2005, 3:48 PM
Bob---Welcome aboard, we would love to see those pics!!

Dan

John Shuk
06-23-2005, 9:03 PM
Bob,
welcome. This is a great p[lace to hang. Best on the web. By the way. My grandmother was a Ziegler. Any relatives in the Bronx area?

Mike Cutler
06-23-2005, 9:41 PM
Nice to meet ya' Bob. I think that your sense of humor will fit in just fine around here.

Corey Hallagan
06-23-2005, 10:13 PM
Hi Bob, recognize yah from dah udder place! Glad you made it here. Didn't you recently get a new zipcode saw? Couple other recent proud owners of zipcodes here as well. Welcome to the Creek!

Corey

Robert Ziegler
06-23-2005, 10:53 PM
Thanks all - feeling warm and fuzzy.
The Zs came in to NY and went west, stopping in Ohio and a lot settling in Illinois. Mine went on to LosAngeles in the 50's. But now I am hanging out in the geographic center of the universe, North (by God) Carolina. No relatives in the Bronx that I know of, but you never know.

John Hart
06-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Welcome Z. Looking forward to seeing some of your work. You made a good choice picking the Creek. Great place to hang out!:)

John Miliunas
06-23-2005, 11:40 PM
Glad to have you at SMC, Rob and, to repeat what Jason said, hang around this time! This is a great place to learn, contribute and just share thoughts and ideas! Oh, and we really DO enjoy project pics and such!:) :cool:

Vaughn McMillan
06-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Glad to see you showed up at the Creek, Bob. Wow, with all the new faces showing up around here lately, I no longer feel like the new kid. (Maybe now they'll stop taking my lunch money at recess.) ;)

As has been mentioned, we'll be looking forward to seeing pics when you can get them.

- Vaughn