PDA

View Full Version : SH-G1290 hood strut problem

Andrei Georgescu
04-09-2014, 4:22 PM
Today while on the job the laser head smashed hard on the right hood strut a few times. Before I realized what was going on, the head got some offset and ruined the work piece. The thing that worried me a bit was that after it traded blows with the strut the laser head remained offsetted a few centimeters to the left. Fortunately after I restarted things went back to normal.
So it seems the people at the factory miscalculated the position of the right strut and it gets in the way of the laser head when I close the hood. On the left things seem to be in order.
I sent an e-mail to Shenhui about this and I hope they will fix this issue on the future machines.

matthew knott
04-09-2014, 6:43 PM
Don't hold your breath, I emailed them about exactly the same fault a year ago ! Word of warning if you leave the laser head front/right of the working area then turn off the power then reapply power latter on, the head homes and by moving hard right then back towards the home switch. It will hit the strut support big time!!! We fixed ours buy placing an inch thick block under the door support so the lid sits a little high when closed and it JUST misses. When I get a chance I might shave some metal of the strut bracket . These lasers are clearly tested with interlocks defeated and door up !

Andrei Georgescu
04-10-2014, 1:52 AM
That's a shame. I'm not really the person to tell others how to run their businesses but with just a bit of improving in marketing and quality control this company could make a lot more money.

Dave Sheldrake
04-12-2014, 7:35 AM
Welcome to the world of Chinese lasers, it seems to be the way if changing a jig will cost more than sending out cheap spares in the event of problems then things won't get changed.

The CW5000 water chiller for example has a known serious flaw that kills around 1 in 10 of the units, even some 5 years down the road the new chillers still have the same untreated problem as it's cheaper to send out a new 1 in 10 than re-design the system to fix the problem.

cheers

Dave

Andrei Georgescu
04-12-2014, 3:46 PM
Well I have that chiller also. For now it works alright but what sould I expect to go wrong with it?

Dave Sheldrake
04-12-2014, 4:28 PM
Dissimilar metals between the coil and inlet Andrei, they tend to corrode due to electrolytic action and leak the gas out, sadly there is no fill valve so they can't easily be re-gassed.

cheers

Dave

Andrei Georgescu
04-13-2014, 12:55 AM
Do all the shenhui chillers have this issue?

Dave Sheldrake
04-13-2014, 6:09 AM
Only the CW5000 model Andrei, the 5200 is much better made.

cheers

Dave

Andrei Georgescu
04-13-2014, 1:06 PM
Thanks Dave, I'll order a spare chiller in the next couple of months.

Jerome Stanek
04-13-2014, 1:41 PM
When I checked with Gwieke they said the CW5000 and the CW 5200 was the same unit only the CW 5200 has 2 input output lines Is that correct Dave

Dave Sheldrake
04-13-2014, 2:18 PM
Hi J,

The 5200 has similar metal joints in the coil as well so no electrolytics. The 5000 problem has been seen so much over here that the UK's biggest supplier of Chinese machines will no longer sell them.

cheers

Dave