PDA

View Full Version : Curious delivery, missing invoice

Stephen Tashiro
04-09-2014, 3:58 PM
I received a box from Amazon. The box left on my porch had been slit open on the bottom. Everything I ordered was in the box and in good condition, but the invoice for the order was missing. (It's normally contained in the box).

I called UPS about the package and they said the box was in good condition when it was given to the Post Office. (It suprised me that it was given to the Post Office.)

I emailed Amazon about this, insofar as one can email Amazon. I got a reply with a link that let's me print out the invoice. That wasn't what my email requested. I was asking if a stolen invoice could be used in some sort of fraud.

Update: A "chat" session with Amazon customer service revealed that Amazon doesn't send an "invoice" inside packages. I suppose the paper they include may be what you use to return items. At any rate, there were no papers from Amazon inside my package.

Brian Elfert
04-09-2014, 4:17 PM
It could just be the invoice fell out when the box got opened. I find the invoice is usually at the bottom of the box so it could easily fall out. Amazon's packaging usually leaves a bit to be desired. They must figure that proper packing is more expensive than paying damage claims. They almost never use enough paper to really protect the item from damage. Usually the item will slide all over inside the box.

Jay Jolliffe
04-09-2014, 4:41 PM
We order quite a bit from Amazon. Living on an Island & have to take a boat sometimes it's easier to order on line. Sometimes it will be here in a day or two. There is always an invoice of somewhat in the box.

Bill Miltner
04-09-2014, 11:23 PM
I'd say that over 50% of my purchases have no invoice includes and I average 4-5 shipments a week.

Justin Ludwig
04-10-2014, 7:53 AM
I agree with Bill. Many of my orders have had invoices shipped with and just as many haven't. I just print them off when needed.