PDA

View Full Version : Manta Ray form sequences?

Roger Chandler
04-09-2014, 6:29 AM
I have thought about making a manta ray bowl form a few times. I am not clear on the sequences involved with getting 3 corners of the form turned up and the other one turned down.....:confused:.....does anyone have some help to offer on how to do it? I would appreciate any help on this! Thanks! :)

John Keeton
04-09-2014, 7:02 AM
Terry Scott has a DVD on the process and you might want to review this article. https://. www. .woodworkersinstitute.com/page.asp?p=1854

charlie knighton
04-09-2014, 9:01 AM
I believe you will have to do some off lathe work to complete the project, basically you have 8 upturned corners 4 on each side, get rid of 1 on one side and 3 on the other side.
then of course you must do some sanding, Terry does some beautiful empbellishment on this type of bowl. he has quite the imagine.

charlie knighton
04-13-2014, 9:30 AM
that articule that John gave the address is great.....Terry Scott is someone I hope to see oneday do rotation........might have to practice up on the skque ......that's an allsome cut.......Doug Thompson has skque for $75.....then have to learn not to be afraid of it