PDA

View Full Version : Question for American Beauty Owners

Glen Blanchard
04-08-2014, 7:47 PM
Above the motor on Robust's AB, there is a flat table-like area which makes a great spot to place a light with a magnetic base. Incorporated into this little table is a female receptacle of some kind. In the photo below, I am using it as a pencil holder. I'm trying to figure out what the intended purpose of this is. Additionally, regardless of its intended use, I'd like to know how YOU are using it.

Michael Watson
04-08-2014, 7:58 PM
Its 1/2 diameter hole.
Somewhere I heard it was intended for holding a work light.
That's what I use it for - adapting 2 IKEA LEDs to a thin board with a 1/2 inch bolt thru one end that drops into the hole in your picture.
works slick and can easily be pushed out of the way if needed.

Roy Turbett
04-08-2014, 9:03 PM
Looks like a pencil holder to me.

Alan Trout
04-08-2014, 9:32 PM
It is meant for an architects lamp. They have a 1/2" post

Mark Levitski
04-08-2014, 9:39 PM
Like you Glen I use my magnetic base Moffatt lamp on that flat spot and put a second Moffatt lamp in the receptacle. Just change bases.

Jeffrey J Smith
04-08-2014, 9:50 PM
I think the flat area is called the junk shelf - the recepticle is for the light as pointed out. Mine holds a pencil most of the time. I drilled and tapped holes for a Moffet light and used the magnetic base from it for the manifold for my vacuum chuck - puts the gauge and bleed valve right in reach and stores the adapter when not in use.