PDA

View Full Version : Incredible People!

Bill Stearns
04-08-2014, 4:26 PM
THANK you Bill "C" and others!

I was just 'bout ready to pull the plug on offering photos engraved on black granite. Could never get the photos, and text, "bright" enough, no matter what settings I tried. (some 'little brighter than others, but still.) I got 'lot of advice (thank you) 'bout settings - but it was Bill C who wrote to suggest that I use "tile/granite sealer, first - then paint the tiles with titanium oil based white paint. Dry 'n buff off, afterwards. ('picture is worth 'thousand words; let me know how you feel 'bout the brightness.) Next, going to apply NU Finish Wax as he suggested; haven't yet. The granite tiles I've done 'n the past (for better, or worse) have been awfully important to my business, 'cause they have a high perceived value, and allow for a healthy profit margin.) I was getting down right frustrated, but, now, I won't have to discard this product, this service! Thank you!
Its been suggested, in earlier posts, that I can't make it with just laser engraving alone - 'cause of people like Bill C and others of you - bet I can! Going on 8 years, soon - guess I've been making it 'cause 'till recently nobody had told me I couldn't! ;)

Thanks Again! - any other bright ideas 'bout engraving on granite, let me know!

Mike Null
04-08-2014, 5:39 PM
Glad to hear that suggestion worked for you. Bill C has contributed a lot of good ideas here over the years.

Robert Tepper
04-08-2014, 11:23 PM
Nice work! Nice that we have such a knowledgeable group.

Bill Cunningham
04-10-2014, 9:44 PM
I use the same methods on the LaserSketch stone both the 'granite' headstones and the stuff they call marble (but really ain't) It ain't marble, but it's a very high quality stone that has virtually no quartz flecking in it at all and renders amazing photos for those 'special' jobs..

Walt Langhans
04-10-2014, 10:02 PM
Yeah the people on this forum rock :D

Dee Gallo
04-10-2014, 10:35 PM
Bill C. has been an asset to us for a long time - nice to acknowledge that!

So thank you to Bill S. for reminding us what talent and helpfulness we have here at the Creek!

cheers, dee

Michael Gonzales
04-10-2014, 11:53 PM
[Its been suggested, in earlier posts, that I can't make it with just laser engraving alone - 'cause of people like Bill C and others of you - bet I can! Going on 8 years, soon - guess I've been making it 'cause 'till recently nobody had told me I couldn't! ;)

Thanks Again! - any other bright ideas 'bout engraving on granite, let me know![/QUOTE]

Bill,

That is wonderful work. I have never tried that. I will now. Bill Cunningham gave some super advice and I too am thankful. Dee is right, that there are wonderful members here to help.

Mike g

Khalid Nazim
04-11-2014, 9:36 AM
I totally agree with Bill S and echo his sentiments. Ideas, suggestions, work aroud, advice from folks like Bill C and others have profoundly improved what I do today. I could not have done it with out your contributions.

Regards
KN