PDA

View Full Version : Vintage 40's Craftsman king-seeley bandsaw rip fences?

Clayton Lambert
04-07-2014, 3:30 PM
Hello everyone-- I just got a great old 1940's craftsman bandsaw model 103.0103. Cleaned up and everything's working wonderfully. I'm wondering if anyone knows how I could find the rip fence hardware that would work for this saw?

steven taggart
04-08-2014, 9:35 AM
How wide is the table? I am betting the fence from my old Delta will fit. If you give me length and thickness of the table I could tell for sure.

Rick Whitehead
04-08-2014, 9:37 AM
Sent you a PM about a fence I have from an old Craftsman table saw.
Rick

Bradley Gray
04-08-2014, 10:14 AM
I have one of these saws. I made a rip fence from a scrap of 3 x 3 pine and a scrap of 4/4 like a t-square. The T part clamps to the edge of the table. The 3 x 3 extends to the back of the blade. Works fine.

steven taggart
04-12-2014, 6:20 PM
Clayton I messaged you but its not showing up in my sent folder. I have an aftermarket fence system you can have. I parted out my old basket case saw, and the table is exactly the same as yours. Its a nice setup just doesn't fit my new jet

Mike Wilkins
04-14-2014, 2:41 PM
Coincidence. I just picked up one of those last Thursday. Model 103.0103 or 103.24280 w/spoked wheels. I'm taking my time getting it restored as I have lots of irons in the fire. I will likely rig up some home made fence system using angle iron and other spare junk lying around. Curious if the Kreg bandsaw fence could be made to work on this machine.
I do have a serious question: did you find some tires that fit this machine, and if so, where. Many thanks.

Clayton Lambert
05-07-2014, 10:30 PM
I do have a serious question: did you find some tires that fit this machine, and if so, where. Many thanks.

That is a coincidence-- I didnt have to search for tires, because the one I have is in oddly good shape. You might try looking for leads via vintagemachinery.org. I basically just gave mine a good vacuuming, toothbrushing, oiling and then I took apart the wheel assembly and greased all the bearings. Runs smooth and quiet-- I love this band saw. Definitely worth it to restore yours.

Dan T Jones
05-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Mike,
I have one also and needed a new tire on the lower wheel. I put a Carter tire on and it has done great.
Dan